This is why I bought a Lesche...

DIGGER27

In Memory Of
Alabama, by way of Detroit, Tampa Bay, Alabama and
Not only does it dig better than most but it is tough.
Evidently not as tough as me because I have broken two in 3 years.
My fault, I try to pry things up out of the ground a little too much sometimes, targets like big iron that I shouldn't even try, but I still do because I am in too much of a hurry.
The first one I broke I didn't even try to send back because I modded it and put cuts in the other side but this second one was stock and lasted me awhile but I did that one in too after weakening it and then eventually breaking it.
Nothing else out there would have lasted me as long so I am not unhappy at all especially after seeing their customer service in action.

I called them up and talked to a nice lady in the office and she said send it in.
No asking a bunch of questions about how old it is, how did it break, nothing about any warranty card or receipt, just send it in and they will replace it.
I did that and they did.
She did ask me what side I would like the cuts on and I did mention I would love one with cuts on both sides and she said they have those too if I want one.
The problem is they are not field tested and they have no idea how tough they are so if I got one there would be no warranty on it.
I thought about it and said with my track record I better not so just send me one like I already had.
About a week after packing my broken one up and sending it in I get a new one in the box with a new sheath that I never use and don't need but now I have 3 of them in case I ever do want to use it.
That is service and that is exactly why I am planning on giving them more business and purchasing a Raptor digger from them before next season starts and add that one to the arsenal, too.

I am way too abusive on my equipment and this company builds such good tools and backs them up so well I really have no other choice.

Attachments

• P1040633.jpg
    P1040633.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 322
  • P1040833.jpg
    P1040833.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 325
  • P1040832.jpg
    P1040832.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 317
that's great they replaced and shipped for free I may do the same and send mine in if it ever breaks.

wow, that's great! I wonder which side should have the notches if you are left-handed? I've never thought about it before.

That's great to know. Seeing that yours broke at one of the teeth cuts it's probably a good thing to not have teeth cut on both sides.

It is rare but it can and does happen from time to time and if they do break it is usually around the same place near the top most of the time.
My other one isn't exactly broke, just cracked, but it is this far from busting in half.
I am sure I hastened this along by putting those cuts in the opposite side but the kind of soil and weird grass I was digging in back in Bama called for it and it really helped for the 18 hard months I used it.
Here in Kansas those extra cuts aren't really necessary so I just leave it alone.
I will probably find a welding shop that will repair this for me and keep it as a spare one day, but their replacement guarantee is so good and so fast I don't worry about it much.

Attachments

• lesch mod.jpg
    lesch mod.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 322
  • lesche broke 1.jpg
    lesche broke 1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 319
Back
Top Bottom