Hole in 7.92 bullet casing

BushTechsJersey

Hey everybody,

This morning I found my first WO I bullet casing. After a bit of research I found out it was a 7.92 bullet casing, a German one fabricated in 1915. What I don't know is two things. On the side of the casing there was a small hole, looking like it was deliberately punctured with a nail or whatever. Can someone tell me why a soldier would do that? And if he did or didn't, is it likely the bullet was fired? It was just the casing I found and i can't quite notice any spot on the bottom where the pin might have hit... Anyways, thanks!

So the bullet was definetely shot? Why would a soldier not want to be able to reload his own bullet casings?

They are for training , used to practice loading rifles etc where there is no danger from someone who is not familiar with a weapon shooting his fellow soldiers.

A lot of times, you can find them in army surplus stores as souviners. My dad bought me one when I was 6. It was a .50 cal machine gun round that had holes drilled in it. He used to fire that caliber when he was in the army.

Back
Top Bottom