Goals for 2007

Any updates on how we're coming along with our goals for this year? :)

My goals were:

1. $500 in clad
2. Any one jewelry find worth over $100
3. Any kind of dime, nickel, or quarter that's no longer minted.

1.) I'm currently at $739.40 in clad for the year so far. Goal met!
2.) I found a 10kt gold ring with a small diamond. I'm guessing it sold new for over a $100. Not sure what value it has now. I guess I would consider this goal met though.
3.) I found 4 Winged Liberty Head dimes and a Franklin half. Goal met!

Time to start thinking about goals for 2008!

That's great, Z! I would say you met all your goals! :wow:

We still have one month left, so there's still time to keep piling it on. :)

That's great, Z! I would say you met all your goals! :wow:

We still have one month left, so there's still time to keep piling it on. :)

Thanks! How did you do with the gold rings and silver coins?

Thanks! How did you do with the gold rings and silver coins?

I didn't do as well as I would have liked with the gold rings. I set a goal of 30 for the year, but I think I have found only about 14. I only made about three trips to the shore this year, so most of these were from ponds and lakes. :)

This year I knew it would be tough to find silver coins, but I did manage to reach my goal of 100. The following chart only shows the U.S. coins. I also found two Canadian silver coins, so that makes 100. :)

Attachments

• ALV_silver_coin_finds.jpg
    ALV_silver_coin_finds.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 99
Angel, those are some amazing totals for the last three years! I didn't meet many of the goals I set but did have a pretty decent year none the less. The one thing I am happy about is that each year I have found more silver than the year before. As far as value of finds, that has gone through the roof since I started. I have a new appreciation for old tokens now. The one thing I can't believe is that I have found five halves in the past two years but not a single buffalo nickel. When I look at my totals they are a little backwards when it comes to probabilty of finds. I have found more halves than silver quarters. Go figure.

My goals were:

My main goal for 2007 is to get out more. By getting out more I'm sure my other goals will be accomplished. I would like to break my oldest coin record. As it stands, my oldest is a 1839 half dime. Considering the fact Kansas was part of Indian Territory and not even a state at this time It's going to be a tough one to break but I know I can.

My other goal would be to help a new local hunter(Hottchevy396) to break into the 1800's on his coin finds.

I have managed to get out a lot so I met that goal.

My old coin count this year has been rather sparse but my jewelry count has been fantastic so I'm happy.

I have yet to get my friend to break the 1800's in a coin although it's been close. I think a 1917 mercury dime is his oldest this year.

But the year ain't over yet! They are calling for 70 degree weather this Sunday.

The one thing I am happy about is that each year I have found more silver than the year before. As far as value of finds, that has gone through the roof since I started. I have a new appreciation for old tokens now. The one thing I can't believe is that I have found five halves in the past two years but not a single buffalo nickel. When I look at my totals they are a little backwards when it comes to probabilty of finds. I have found more halves than silver quarters. Go figure.

Increasing your silver find each year is tough! You're doing quite well there. I like finding Buffalo nickels, but out here they tend to take a beating, except when pulled from the water. I'm sure you will pick up soon enough. Nice job on the half dollars. They sure do get the adrenaline going, don't they? :)

My old coin count this year has been rather sparse but my jewelry count has been fantastic so I'm happy.

I have yet to get my friend to break the 1800's in a coin although it's been close. I think a 1917 mercury dime is his oldest this year.

But the year ain't over yet! They are calling for 70 degree weather this Sunday.

Congrats on the jewelry count! That makes for a great year any way you look at it. :)

I'm hoping we have a warm weekend out here. It would be nice to get out for an hour or two.

I didnt post any goals here due to i havnt been a member very long but i did set some goals at the first of the year.
1. find a seated liberty coin
2. find a barber coin
3. find a morgan dollar
4. find a capped bust coin
5. find a standing liberty quarter
6. find a gold coin{US mint}
7. find atleast 10 CW buttons

my goals met so far

1. found a seated half dime and a dime
2. found 4 barber dimes and 2 barber halves
3. found 2 morgan dollars
4. have yet to find a capped bust
5. found 2 standing quarters
6. no gold coin
7. found 19 CW buttons{17 not including the G.A.R buttons..but ima count em :D }

I didn't post any goals at the first of the year. I'm only competetive with myself I guess as each year I try to break my previous best finds in each category. So far this year I have done that - except for the gold rings. I have 13 so far with last year's 21 being the best.
I'll have to shovel on the coals to try and beat Angellionel :) Steve in so az

1. Indian Head penny
2. Barber dime
3. Standing Liberty quarter
4. Gold ring (14k or better - stones would be nice)
5. Silver ring (nice quality .925 - not cheapo)

These are not all of my goals - just the ones that I think are realistic for me now. Getting out with my detector more often should be my top goal.

The only goals I have is just to find something, thats worth something. Even if it is only worth something to me.

Back
Top Bottom