• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Sebring Florida..... brand new to detecting......

dbvette

Just took an early retirement, and have been thinking about detecting for years..So, i, after a lot of digging [pun] bought a Minelab Quattro..... I have been out twice so far, have found some change and a pair of very old steel rimed sunglasses, and have enjoyed every minute of it...There is something fascinating about getting a signal, and finding out what it is...Looking forward to hooking up with some seasoned people in central Florida, and hope to learn from them....Any and all ideas and thoughts are greatly appreciated....:yes:

Welcome dbvette!! Your story sounds similar to mine. I retired at the first of this year and took up this amazing hobby! Good luck and let us see what ya get! All finds are good finds!:yes:

though I'm not yet retiard, in my line of work things are changing a lot so I may join you in the unemployment, metaldetector swinging line. Welcome

Welcome to the forum dbvette. You've got yourself a really nice machine, just keep practicing and you'll find some great stuff! Don't be afraid to post pics!

Welcome to the forums, and if you ever make your way up to the Northeast section of Florida, stop by and say hello. There are some nice areas to work up here, especially some old Civil War areas, so give me a shout.

Aeryck

Welcome dbvette! One of our moderators is from your area. It sounds like a great place with some good detecting sites -- we're looking forward to seeing pics of your finds! :yes:

Hi i would like to talk to this person.....Needing lots of information on where to!!!

Hi Dennis,

Glad you could join us. A couple of members and myself are making noise about a beach hunt on the east coast next month. I will keep you up to speed with it. in case you want to join in. The new guy buys the beer..Gil
:roll:

Welcome to the forum, db.

I'm sure you'll find this place very informative and enjoyable. People here are always willing to help if they can so don't hesitate to ask any questions. :yes:

Glad you could join us. A couple of members and myself are making noise about a beach hunt on the east coast next month. I will keep you up to speed with it. in case you want to join in. The new guy buys the beer..Gil
:roll:

Done deal! Keep me informed!!

Got out today with Gil in sunny Florida...Learned a lot from him, lot of thought goes into successfu detecting....We found some normal finds this time , some change, PULL TABS, well i found the pull tabs, he found the coins...A great learning morning, looking forward to a trip to vero beach and area next month...LOTS to learn, but each time out brings more knowledge, and skills:cool:

Back
Top Bottom