Fisher F2 trouble

Analog_Kid

Hey folks,

I haven't been on this forum in a while, but as you all know, when the bug bites it bites HARD.

I got my old Fisher F2 out and tried swinging it a few times for the first time in at least a six months. After a few swings, it just crapped out on me. I put fresh batteries in and I had the same result. Once it detected metal it just shut off.

At this point the F2 is a almost a fossil, but I hate to see it go to waste. I purchased an SEF coil to increase its capability, but it can't do squat now. Any ideas on whether it's worth repairing, or should I just sell it as parts?

The summer is passing by quickly and I don't want to go much longer without hitting some prize waters in my area. With that in mind, I think the best to do is just sell it for parts and move on to the AT MAX. Either that or the AT Pro.

Thoughts?

Do a reset.
Power on and hold that power button down for 10 seconds as it powers up.
Fisher swears there is no factory reset on this thing but the owners that have one and have done this know better.

Also call Fisher and ask about this problem.
Can't hurt.

If you want to seriously get into the water you need to logically look at an MX Sport, an AT Pro, a Nox or something else that is waterproof.

The F2 is a great detector. I wsh that I hadn't sold mine. I liked it a lot better than my Ace 250. If you can have it repaired I'd do it.

Thanks, guys.

I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds, but nothing happened. I think it's simply hosed at this point. Swapped out batteries, coils, everything I could think of. But nothing worked.

Such a shame because this was a great little detector. I called Fisher and it would cost $65/hr to have it repaired. At this point, it might not be worth fixing.

It's going up for sale, though. Perhaps you might not be able to get the instrument to work, but a coil is a coil.

1 sniper, 1 8" coil, and 1 SEF 11" butterfly. If anyone's interested let me know.

Thanks, guys.

I tried holding the power button for 10 seconds, but nothing happened. I think it's simply hosed at this point. Swapped out batteries, coils, everything I could think of. But nothing worked.

Such a shame because this was a great little detector. I called Fisher and it would cost $65/hr to have it repaired. At this point, it might not be worth fixing.

It's going up for sale, though. Perhaps you might not be able to get the instrument to work, but a coil is a coil.

1 sniper, 1 8" coil, and 1 SEF 11" butterfly. If anyone's interested let me know.

That's really a shame...try to find a used AT Pro if you can...they're great machines. I have an F2 as well...and it's a fine machine, but after getting the ATP I haven't used it....I should take it out again since it is a fine machine

At this point you got nothing to lose by carefully taking it apart to see if its something obvious and very simple to fix yourself?...Sometimes a guy can figure things out....

I did this once with a CZ 20...I learned a lot about how they go together is about all, in the end, I sent it in to Fisher! Cost me $400 bucks and two months down time!

But yeah, you certainly cant miss the Prime Time Season! Drop and get an AtPro or something else and commit to making some money! You can sell the F2 and gear later in the off season...or get it repaired then, or whatever...Get a rig and get hunting! Time and Treasures wait for Nobody!

Back
Top Bottom