2015 Etrac keepers so far

Laxsaltman

Elite Member
Etrac Finds.... the Barber didn't come out good but it's at 5 o'clock relative to '54 quarter

Attachments

• EtrakFinds2015.jpg
    EtrakFinds2015.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1,575
Welcome to the darkside of detecting! Minelab stuff is pricey, but they deliver the goods.

Congrats on the beginning of a good year.

Greg

Looking good!!

Congrats, if any of that yellow?

<°)))>{

Thanks. The tiny ring at the bottom is a very small loop earring -probably for a child,so I'm counting it -- but it's real lightweight .2g, so it's 'iffy'... The ring in the upper right says 'zales 14k' on it --5.7g -- but it won't shine up past a dull yellow -- came in at 8/39. I just found another 10k gold religious medallion two days ago that came in at 8/39 also. Aren't those odd fe/co numbers? Or are they normal?

Do u mind if I ask were the rings mostly found on beaches?

No beaches. These are park and soccer /ball field finds. The litte silver ring with the green stone and a few others with the 250 I had previously were found near trashcans. Always check around trashcans. :cool:

No beaches. These are park and soccer /ball field finds. The litte silver ring with the green stone and a few others with the 250 I had previously were found near trashcans. Always check around trashcans. :cool:

Funny, I almost never check around trash cans because people are usually bad shots about making the trash in the can and lazy to pick it up afterwards. I usually imagine the area around a trash can to be a minefield of pull tabs, pop tops, and bottlecaps.

It *is* mostly trash ---- but I've been lucky a few times so I keep checking. It's funny the way this hobby works --- after my two posts (this one and the "nice little streak"one) I haven't found anything but clad....:lol: Oh well, it's still fun. Turns out the one marked "Zales 14K",wasn't :lol: --- I think it might be a little less than 10k..... I'm really new at the acid testing and although it dissolved with 14k acid it kinda floated around under the 10k test.

Thanks. The tiny ring at the bottom is a very small loop earring -probably for a child,so I'm counting it -- but it's real lightweight .2g, so it's 'iffy'... The ring in the upper right says 'zales 14k' on it --5.7g -- but it won't shine up past a dull yellow -- came in at 8/39. I just found another 10k gold religious medallion two days ago that came in at 8/39 also. Aren't those odd fe/co numbers? Or are they normal?

How do you like your E-Trac so far. I got one about 6 months ago, and am
having trouble learning it. I found "two" Zales 14K rings that were fake, with my E-Trac. I have yet to find any gold with my E-Trac, but over a hundred silver coins. 99 times out of hundred, when trying to find deep silver, it ends up rusty nails or bolts. I have found a couple silver dimes at 8 inches, but only a couple. I do have a hard time pinpointing deep targets too. I like that barber dime. My buddy got one, an 1892 a couple days ago while we were hunting curb strips. That was the second one he found in two weeks while we were hunting together. I'm jealous. I wanted that 1892. My oldest coin so far is a 1900 penny.
HHY everyone

having trouble learning it. I found "two" Zales 14K rings that were fake, with my E-Trac. I have yet to find any gold with my E-Trac, but over a hundred silver coins. 99 times out of hundred, when trying to find deep silver, it ends up rusty nails or bolts. I have found a couple silver dimes at 8 inches, but only a couple. I do have a hard time pinpointing deep targets too. I like that barber dime. My buddy got one, an 1892 a couple days ago while we were hunting curb strips. That was the second one he found in two weeks while we were hunting together. I'm jealous. I wanted that 1892. My oldest coin so far is a 1900 penny.
HHY everyone

Yep. ---- the Zales 14k wasn't. :lol: I'm not finding coins either,but have had good luck with silver jewelry so I know it'll find it. That little sterling ring was 8-9" down as was a '20 Merc. I'm just learning what I can,tweaking the settings 'n changin' stuff around,and I also have trouble with getting a fix on faint chirps.I guess it just takes practice. I do know if it sounds real good but is showing a CO of 50,then it's iron or nails. Also a Respected Member here suggested going to manual/23 or 24 to detect the deep goodies. I've experimented with it and it does seem to open up the target area quite a bit. Sometimes it's a bit overwhelming so I'll switch back to auto/+3 from time to time until I get it mastered better.

HHY everyone

If you get a good signal and then when you pinpoint the target is about a foot away or so it is usually iron. :D

Back
Top Bottom