Anyone ever see an Indian like this?

bucknut38

Found this in a field last Sunday.Its a semi key 1867 with a star carved in both sides.
5860768d8ad768282c600c4d5db7fe85.jpg
e978f650ff406b30b8bd1ea820bc031b.jpg
92a9ca66e5423adde7fb7ec123eb3985.jpg

When you flip it over, is the metal 'bulged out' as if it was 'impressed' (overstamped)??? Or does it look like it was 'cut' or engraved?

The angles and edges look pretty exact to me.

Its cool!

Never mind ... I see now

Wonder if it was used as a game piece... that is freaking awesome.

Ive thought about that too Dakota.But with Hobo nickels there is a design on the indian or buffalo or shield. This guy didn't add to indian.He just got rid of indian on front and all but top of shield.Guy did a he'll of a job though and im extremely stoked to have found this coin.

That could have been from someone involved with wicka witchcraft. because that pentagram is a sign of protection when the star is right side up and upside down means it invokes evil. That is my guess because it is carved within a circle and I also came across lincoln cents with upside down pentagrams stamped in them so I got rid of them because i figured it to be a bad omen. What you have is a good thing though. I have collected coins since 1991 and have been a dealer since 2008 and you really come across weird things with coins sometimes so I am pretty sure that is the reason for the pentagram have seen that stuff before and the Wickan religion is an old one so it could have easily been on a coin from 1867. Really interesting find I'm glad you posted that and now you have protection from evil to can't get better than that. lol!

Back
Top Bottom