1st Hunt with Sand Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Awendaw

Forum Supporter
With the beach sanded in and a 25 mph south wind I didn't dig many targets. Waves beat me to death and paying for it now. Now for the Shark. Did not get any of the tone changes when wave would come in like the Sea Hunter did. The SS is deep. Dug a couple pull tabs at well over 12". Much better balance than the SH. Hope to get some more time on it this coming week. So far I'm impressed. Maybe Terry isn't that full of it:D

pic

Attachments

• z.jpg
    z.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 925
Terry isn't full of it the SS is a damn fine detector.
Have fun and find some gold. HH phil

I had a SS and I liked it for a PI machine. I bought it from Phil. Since you mentioned Terry I will elaborate why his posts are not liked. He pushes the SS to everyone on any beach in any conditions. The PI machines are not good on many beaches but he still pushes them no matter and this is not fair to the person who is looking for honest advise. He has links with Prescott Tesoro and is clearly a mouth piece for their sales department. He is not just a user, any more than Gary Drayton is just a user of Minelab machines. They are marketers and push machines.

The SS is a good machine but not good on small gold. The printed coil (not wire wound but instead a circuit board) has no way to adjust the pulse delay. That is a big negative for some users and it causes false promises to buyers. Most guys have stopped using PI machines on many beaches. They use the FBS or BBS Minelabs. Those machines allow better target discrimination to speed up time during a hunt. This causes a problem for PI machines. With all the Minelabs passing over iron you have lots of left over iron we do not dig. You will dig that junk. I am glad I sold my PI and you probably will also some day.

Last edited:
Get Beached Tesoro Haters!

The Tesoro Sand Shark is designed as the most solid in-saltwater machine on the market in my opinion. The Sand Shark is more rugged and easy to use than ANY machine costing twice its price. You need deep? The Sand Shark is as deep as you need to go, and deeper than any Multi-freq detector on the market today with ANY freaking coli and amp you want to mod it with.

You want to find small gold in the wet sand and surf? You can bet your sisters new Corvette it finds small gold - deep. Don't be fooled by the naysayers, Garrett and Whites sales reps. The Tesoro Sand Shark is the preferred SCUBA and thigh-high saltwater beach detector among expert and professional users that need a reliable, everyday machine to 200’ in depth.

Two operating modes; Adjustable Signal tone frequency; All controls OUTSIDE the control box and Easy to set and use; Hardwired, Comfortable earphones that cushion around your ears blocking out ambient wind and water noise, and simply unbeatable fully submerged; The coil is the thinnest on the market and slices through the water with almost no resistance; The best pinpointing coil on the market; Built like a brick outhouse yet still only 4.4-pounds; The ONLY Lifetime warranty in the Entire Freaking Industry - on an UNDERWATER machine!

The Tesoro Sand Shark is built by people I know personally. The All live in and around Prescott, Arizona. They live to come into the Prescott factory, and make the best metal detectors on the planet - Every Day. When things come loose or break in the field, they get sent to my good friend – and Tesoro Service Manager for the last 22+ years, Rusty Henry.

While Rusty may not be familiar to some of you, he is a living legend among metal detector users and gold prospectors in Arizona and Australia. Rusty used his first metal detector in 1968, as a Navy Frogman assigned to Underwater Demolition Team 22. That machine was built by Telex in New York, and cost the Navy $3,800.00!

Rusty got his first “civilian” detector, a Garrett Master Hunter BFO, in 1969. From 1969, through 1974, he was a Navy Seal Team 2 member, and averaged three-hours a day, 250-days a year detecting! By 1974, Rusty had found over 500-rings, countless Civil War relics and over 50,000 coins!

After leaving the Navy in 1978, Rusty became Vice President of Bounty Hunter Inc, in Tempe, AZ. He hadn’t been there long, when the first report of a gold nugget found with a metal detector in Australia came in. The nugget was found at Cue, in Western Australia. That first report was followed in weeks by even more spectacular finds there, and in Victoria.

Rusty folded his tent, and he and his family immigrated to Australia! He spent the next 10-years swinging a metal detector 8-10 hours a day, 200-250 days a year! It is estimated that by 1995, Rusty had over 35,000-hours of experience using metal detectors and gold nugget shooting.

While at his home in Prescott, Rusty showed me a multi-ounce Australian nugget he found that is almost pure. The color is so rich and yellow, as to be almost impossible! He told me about a 17-pound patch he found in Australia! I am in awe of the gold, relics, coins, and jewelry Rusty has in his collection.

He and Tesoro are renowned for the customer service they provide daily, and the workers in the factory take it very personally when something they put so much time, detail. Know-how and hard work into is sent back to the factory for repair. Very, very, few machines ever come back to the factory in Prescott as a result of manufacture error.

I may be full of it, but I KNOW my way around many brands and models of metal detectors. Tesoro detectors have no frills, they are not lipstick coated tricked up wheelie bar installed gizmos priced at $1,500.00 - and harder to learn than Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony.

Nope,Tesoro machines are built as light and tough as possible to last for YEARS, with minimal, ergonomic and easy to use controls. Deep and sensitive machines that are fairly priced and warranted for life!

Boooh-Yaaaaaa! :cool:

And there is the marketing. Same as always. :p Thanks for showing I am correct Terry. You did exactly what I said you would do. You always do the same no matter, like a record skipping.
The Tesoro Sand Shark is designed as the most solid in-saltwater machine on the market in my opinion. The Sand Shark is more rugged and easy to use than ANY machine costing twice its price. You need deep? The Sand Shark is as deep as you need to go, and deeper than any Multi-freq detector on the market today with ANY freaking coli and amp you want to mod it with.

You want to find small gold in the wet sand and surf? You can bet your sisters new Corvette it finds small gold - deep. Don't be fooled by the naysayers, Garrett and Whites sales reps. The Tesoro Sand Shark is the preferred SCUBA and thigh-high saltwater beach detector among expert and professional users that need a reliable, everyday machine to 200’ in depth.

Two operating modes; Adjustable Signal tone frequency; All controls OUTSIDE the control box and Easy to set and use; Hardwired, Comfortable earphones that cushion around your ears blocking out ambient wind and water noise, and simply unbeatable fully submerged; The coil is the thinnest on the market and slices through the water with almost no resistance; The best pinpointing coil on the market; Built like a brick outhouse yet still only 4.4-pounds; The ONLY Lifetime warranty in the Entire Freaking Industry - on an UNDERWATER machine!

The Tesoro Sand Shark is built by people I know personally. The All live in and around Prescott, Arizona. They live to come into the Prescott factory, and make the best metal detectors on the planet - Every Day. When things come loose or break in the field, they get sent to my good friend – and Tesoro Service Manager for the last 22+ years, Rusty Henry.

While Rusty may not be familiar to some of you, he is a living legend among metal detector users and gold prospectors in Arizona and Australia. Rusty used his first metal detector in 1968, as a Navy Frogman assigned to Underwater Demolition Team 22. That machine was built by Telex in New York, and cost the Navy $3,800.00!

Rusty got his first “civilian” detector, a Garrett Master Hunter BFO, in 1969. From 1969, through 1974, he was a Navy Seal Team 2 member, and averaged three-hours a day, 250-days a year detecting! By 1974, Rusty had found over 500-rings, countless Civil War relics and over 50,000 coins!

After leaving the Navy in 1978, Rusty became Vice President of Bounty Hunter Inc, in Tempe, AZ. He hadn’t been there long, when the first report of a gold nugget found with a metal detector in Australia came in. The nugget was found at Cue, in Western Australia. That first report was followed in weeks by even more spectacular finds there, and in Victoria.

Rusty folded his tent, and he and his family immigrated to Australia! He spent the next 10-years swinging a metal detector 8-10 hours a day, 200-250 days a year! It is estimated that by 1995, Rusty had over 35,000-hours of experience using metal detectors and gold nugget shooting.

While at his home in Prescott, Rusty showed me a multi-ounce Australian nugget he found that is almost pure. The color is so rich and yellow, as to be almost impossible! He told me about a 17-pound patch he found in Australia! I am in awe of the gold, relics, coins, and jewelry Rusty has in his collection.

He and Tesoro are renowned for the customer service they provide daily, and the workers in the factory take it very personally when something they put so much time, detail. Know-how and hard work into is sent back to the factory for repair. Very, very, few machines ever come back to the factory in Prescott as a result of manufacture error.

I may be full of it, but I KNOW my way around many brands and models of metal detectors. Tesoro detectors have no frills, they are not lipstick coated tricked up wheelie bar installed gizmos priced at $1,500.00 - and harder to learn than Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony.

Nope,Tesoro machines are built as light and tough as possible to last for YEARS, with minimal, ergonomic and easy to use controls. Deep and sensitive machines that are fairly priced and warranted for life!

Last edited:
If Talking about my friends and personal experience is "Marketing," Guilty as charged!

And there is the marketing. Same as always. :p Thanks for showing I am correct Terry. You did exactly what I said you would do. You always do the same no matter, like a record skipping.

I'm trying to figure out how to say “bite me” in a socially acceptable way. :laughing:

With the beach sanded in and a 25 mph south wind I didn't dig many targets. Waves beat me to death and paying for it now. Now for the Shark. Did not get any of the tone changes when wave would come in like the Sea Hunter did. The SS is deep. Dug a couple pull tabs at well over 12". Much better balance than the SH. Hope to get some more time on it this coming week. So far I'm impressed. Maybe Terry isn't that full of it:D

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new machine!

Nope, not creepy at all that you have Rusty's life story memorized.

Last edited:
Pucker up Terry..... :laughing: The SS is a good machine and may work well in your area. Hope you post some good finds with it. Its only as good as the time you put in out there.... use it for an hour a week and like any machine you best get lucky.

Dew

What IMA said about iron slowing you down is true, but don't get discouraged...the trick is to find locations where there isn't much iron. I've found a spot or two where I almost never see a crab trap part, and very few bobby pins. That being said, I just ponied up for an Excal because I've identified some locations I know I can't return to with my PI because of all the ferrous targets in the ground. HH out there...looking forward to your future posts!

What IMA said about iron slowing you down is true, but don't get discouraged...the trick is to find locations where there isn't much iron. I've found a spot or two where I almost never see a crab trap part, and very few bobby pins. That being said, I just ponied up for an Excal because I've identified some locations I know I can't return to with my PI because of all the ferrous targets in the ground. HH out there...looking forward to your future posts!

Send Terry out to clean out the ferrous targets for you... :lol:

I had a SS and I liked it for a PI machine. I bought it from Phil. Since you mentioned Terry I will elaborate why his posts are not liked. He pushes the SS to everyone on any beach in any conditions. The PI machines are not good on many beaches but he still pushes them no matter and this is not fair to the person who is looking for honest advise. He has links with Prescott Tesoro and is clearly a mouth piece for their sales department. He is not just a user, any more than Gary Drayton is just a user of Minelab machines. They are marketers and push machines.

The SS is a good machine but not good on small gold. The printed coil (not wire wound but instead a circuit board) has no way to adjust the pulse delay. That is a big negative for some users and it causes false promises to buyers. Most guys have stopped using PI machines on many beaches. They use the FBS or BBS Minelabs. Those machines allow better target discrimination to speed up time during a hunt. This causes a problem for PI machines. With all the Minelabs passing over iron you have lots of left over iron we do not dig. You will dig that junk. I am glad I sold my PI and you probably will also some day.

This is the most honest posts I have seen in a long time, thank you. It's not the machine, it's the messenger that drives most people into arguments.

People can like and hunt with whatever they want, but please don't try to shove their preferred machine down my throat over and over again.

I appreciate all the replies. Hopefully will post some good finds as soon as this front passes by. Good Luck and HH to everyone.

p.s.
Hey Terry, you sold me on this machine and it's a good one. How about a Tesoro t-shirt?:D

I appreciate all the replies. Hopefully will post some good finds as soon as this front passes by. Good Luck and HH to everyone.

p.s.
Hey Terry, you sold me on this machine and it's a good one. How about a Tesoro t-shirt?:D

Kco has some really classy Tesoro merchandise, very nice hats etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom