Wooooohooooo

brokenman808

I finally picked up my Whites Surf PI. I managed to get a used one for $350. The guy got it as a gift and used it only three times (never underwater yet). I'll keep you guys updated on my finds. Aloha-Tony

Ok...call me crazy but i was on the beach from 12:00am till about 3 a.m. I found $1.05....its a start. I only have $353.95 to go until my PI pays its self off. I really need to get some pratice in, still haveing problems trying to set things up so that I don't get that pitchy sound. Funny, at times I would try and put the coil to the ground quickly and would get a long sound like I hit metal. Any idea's why?

Broken... Just find 1 good gold ring and you will be set :)

BTW you want a threshold.. you don't want to run it silent or you risk not hearing the deep small targets... I run mine higher than most, my hunting partner says its too loud but at least for me it brings me success and no I don't have a hearing problem... I set my gain at 1-2 o'clock and same on threshold...

Thanks for the tip on that. Is it normal to get alot of sound when its that high? Im starting hear the difference when I hit coins but will gold sound different?

Broken...

For me.. most gold finds have been whispers also deep coins... When you come across iron the sound is usually a long wow like woooow, shallow finds are usually clad and pulltabs or fishing stuff and they are a sharp bang type hit.. We have PI's we are dig everything although I don't dig those long wow's even though Casper has told me that gold can be sitting near the iron..

I don't hunt the wet sand either... wet sand usually holds lots of pulltabs and clad and I'm not after that...

When you are out in the water and are finding coins, gold will not be far behind.

I also tend to hunt where others don't... Its like land hunting many go for the smooth open spaces and when I land hunt I get into the briars and steep hills and I crawl under the bushes because I know not many will... I have found many good finds this way...

I detect a certain beach that I know water guys don't... the bottom is all rock and I pull multiple ring finds and old silver coins from this beach and rings that are probably over a 100 years old... Its hard work hunting these area's but the rewards are great at least for me. Even in the water I rarely hunt in sand and instead look for area's that are filled with gravel and shells..

Cfmct, thanks for all the help,
well, I can't seem to turn either knob to 1 o'clock. I get a loud constrant beep in which i go deaf. I found that if I turn my first knob to the 1 postition I can't seem to pick up any tones on coins but if i turn it down to the preset I'm ok. Any suggestions?? I worked the beach for 4 hours and only found $.15 :( Tommowrows another day, I'll go get um.

Broken

Your PI is probably different model year than mine... it would explain a lot :grin:

Don't worry about finding stuff with a PI they will come Whether you want them or not :grin: