Tiny Silver Ring, Then Larger Silver Ring.... Then Something Truly Remarkable!! 7 Eisenhower Dollars One Hole.

Stiffwrists

Elite Member
Dug the small silver ring first, then a few signals later a nice sized silver ring. I was feeling good about the hunt and digging clad here and there... when I came across a signal that I was sure was a sprinkler head, but was a little tighter and the ID was 94-95. I flipped over the plug and there were 7 Bicentennial Eisenhower Dollars stacked! What the hell? Lol. I must be the only person on the planet that has dug 7 Ikes in one hole. That was a memorable hunt for sure! Even more unbelievable is that, back in January or February, I dug 2 Ikes in the same hole! That's 9 Eisenhowers in 2 holes, in 1 year. Thanks for looking.

Added Photo: I gave those 7 Ikes a tumble with some aquarium gravel.

Attachments

• 20180924_142401_resized.jpg
    20180924_142401_resized.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 465
  • 20180924_144037_resized.jpg
    20180924_144037_resized.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 482
  • 20180924_144902_resized.jpg
    20180924_144902_resized.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 472
  • 20180924_144916_resized.jpg
    20180924_144916_resized.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 497
  • 20180924_152526_resized.jpg
    20180924_152526_resized.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 490
  • 20180924_152604_resized.jpg
    20180924_152604_resized.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 481
  • 20180927_001244_resized.jpg
    20180927_001244_resized.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Amazing.lol..I’m sure your the only one to dig 7 bicentennial dollars.lol.On the upside,most silver coins aren’t wort 7 bucks,so you scored big time on that hole.Congrats on the rings and all

WOW WOW WOW !!

on a side Note.. What the heck is with all the CTR rings people are finding lately.. I mean at least 8 have been posed on here in the last couple of months and you find 2 more ???

I am beginning to think it is a Mormon conspiracy to plant them around places for people to find.. I mean really there have been a bunch of them lately.

again WOW WOW WOW on the Ike's !!

That is absolutely crazy !!!!
What a great day!
It's hard to ask for much more .
Couple silvers to warm up and A 7 Ike spill 😜
Wow
, Dew

7 bicentennial coins in one hole..bet nobody here ever scored that before..that's just downright insane

Congrats on the awesome hunt! I've never found a single Ike dollar, even though I've dug 2 silver dollars. 7 in a hole is just crazy. I would almost think they were intentionally buried there.

As to the CTR rings, I would also wonder if they werent thrown away intentionally. Or at the very least taken off together and lost. Consider the odds of both a mans and womens (ok, boys and girls really) CTR rings that close together.

Amazing.lol..I’m sure your the only one to dig 7 bicentennial dollars.lol.On the upside,most silver coins aren’t wort 7 bucks,so you scored big time on that hole.Congrats on the rings and all

Thanks! I'd take a nice silver half over 7 Ikes, but the novelty of that find is hard to beat!

7 bucks in one hole! That’s crazy

That is absolutely crazy !!!!
What a great day!
It's hard to ask for much more .
Couple silvers to warm up and A 7 Ike spill 😜
Wow
, Dew

7 bicentennial coins in one hole..bet nobody here ever scored that before..that's just downright insane

Not even I have found $7 in one hole, and we've got $2 coins! :laughing: Congrats on the two silvers, love the pictures in the ground too :)

Thanks guys! 7 bucks in one hole is pretty epic. Lol. That's 14 halves or 28 quarters. That one hole was better than 90 percent of my clad hunts.

WOW WOW WOW !!

on a side Note.. What the heck is with all the CTR rings people are finding lately.. I mean at least 8 have been posed on here in the last couple of months and you find 2 more ???

I am beginning to think it is a Mormon conspiracy to plant them around places for people to find.. I mean really there have been a bunch of them lately.

again WOW WOW WOW on the Ike's !!

Congrats on the awesome hunt! I've never found a single Ike dollar, even though I've dug 2 silver dollars. 7 in a hole is just crazy. I would almost think they were intentionally buried there.

As to the CTR rings, I would also wonder if they werent thrown away intentionally. Or at the very least taken off together and lost. Consider the odds of both a mans and womens (ok, boys and girls really) CTR rings that close together.

I forgot to mention that I was searching a Mormon church that was built in the late 60s or early 70s. Obviously lots of CTR rings in this area. Kids lose them all the time. Most of them are sterling too. I've found tiny ones and nice heavy ones. I've posted a good handful of them this year.

The 7 Ikes were also in the lawn of that church. My theory is that a Sunday School teacher was teaching some sort of object lesson with the coins. Maybe even giving each child in their class one to take home. Sometimes teachers will take their classes outside when its nice, and teach out on the grass. That stack looked like it had been in that lawn since '76.

OK, stacks of Ike's? That's a total showcase worthy find right there. You were probably just laughing at the absurdity of it! I know I would have.

I've pulled 3 Ike's total over the years, and know I would have been over the moon at a $7 coin spill, let alone in 7 coins. That's awesome!

So fun for you. I see you're still digging up the kids CTR rings. I've found three of them just like that, already this year. :)

Fun times!

My theory is that a Sunday School teacher was teaching some sort of object lesson with the coins. Maybe even giving each child in their class one to take home. Sometimes teachers will take their classes outside when its nice, and teach out on the grass. That stack looked like it had been in that lawn since '76.

Probably a valid theory... or a kid had a stack of them, and they fell out of the pocket during the lesson!

pretty awesome, either way.

Makes me want to go around and do some of the Churches around here. I've done my own, but have felt a little "off" about doing other ward buildings.. Maybe I just need to hop over and do it!

That's just crazy...7 in one stack! I probably would have passed it by thinking it was a crushed can:lol:

Back
Top Bottom