5 Silver Day Highlights This Report, Pic Happy

Man you're on fire, unbelievable ! Keep it up Trapper And attaboys all around to the group you hunt with. I wish we had areas around here that would produce like that. HH Mark

Just for clarity...Wayne,who we went with today and goes by the name “what’s buried” here on the forum is NOT Big T. Big T is “Big Treble”,aka Craig,who we also hunt with,but not today. Besides,I KNOW he wasn’t there cuz that sonobeech is HARD to miss!:grin:

Oh ya! ThNks Kev .. I fixed it .. Wayne finds ..What's burried 👍 . Yes he does. Here he is with Trap having a conversation about how IDXMonsters lost live Morgan dig was the best Video ever made.
Congradulations on the silver . That early merc looks great ! That solid bracelet ID bar was so heavy! Good luck on the return reasearch .
,Dew
👍

Attachments

• IMG_1788.jpg
    IMG_1788.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 87
Righteous! I agree, how often can everyone in a group all find silver at a public park? Perfect Hunting for you all! Nice Barber Half there Jack!

I do find it odd that theres not an "@hole in the bunch" though?...Maybe you guys in Wisconsin dont need one? From all the cheese...? One of these days I'll show up and then there will be one you can borrow!:laughing:

Great hunting there! I like the padlock best of all. With that kind of luck I'm thinking you had a silver sniffing dog along, but you've got to train him not to chew on the quarters. :lol:

Man what a beautiful day with some great guys!! Crazy day for all of us with tons of silver and even got to chat with some 1860 replica playing baseball guys...outfits and all. I can’t say enough to Kevin for setting this up and good ol Brad bringing his awesome Kid Bert with. Great kid with tons of ambition around digging goodies. Then we have Trap..”Tomato Man” [emoji23][emoji23]. Great digs Trap!’
c1d2681e54bdc0e11019cfb6bc84e749.jpg
9e790d73ac50fe66324cc5b8d5b72eba.jpg
3dcdd477f067137d43fa0cbbbded21c9.jpg
93af2133c7aafcb23f0ca64a16d86d8a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Congrats on the finds, everyone. Looked like a good time was had by all!

How often can a group say that EVERYONE found silver,hunting public parks? We had 6 guys that did it today! It’s one of those places because of where it is,you can just SMELL the coins,they are there. Maybe not just jumping out of the ground but with time,many more can be harvested.
Spending the day with a group of guys who I genuinely call “friends” is the best find of the day. Nobody here is “better than you” or pretentious or an a-hole...it’s all very relaxed,yet competitive at the same time,we all want to make that great find. It’s crazy we ALL came through,but we worked for it. Hunting the Lake Michigan shoreline was absolutely hypnotizing,I completely understand why people like to be around big water!
The record just keeps on trucking for Trapper,even though they say silver isn’t magnetic,I’d like to dispute that! HE IS a silver magnet,much like I’m a fat chick magnet. Him...good. Me....not so much.:lol:
And for the coup de grace,Mike comes wheelin’ up in his metal detecting outfit,a very nice military themed Wrangler. If you have ANY doubts as to his seriousness about detecting,well...the pics say it all.
Thanks to these guys for a great day! As mentioned before,the benefits of hunting with others sometimes aren’t tangible,it’s a feeling of being part of a “team” of sorts, a feeling of belonging. To be accepted and respected for who you are while giving the same in return...again,the best find of the day.
It was a great day for all of us. It seems when we all get together the ground shakes with fear..... well maybe just a small tremor. Still the commodity and genuine great feeling we have for each other always makes the hunts so much better. Your totally right Kevin when you say we all feel apart of something good. Even if there is a competition among us will are all happy in the others finds. Oh I also edited my post to correct Wayne's handle.
That’s a whole lotta swinging Minelabs! Ha! Looked like a fun outing! Nice job guys
Appreciate your response Tom, thank you. Even the backups are Minelabs. While it was not a competition as none of the machines failed, the 3030's did win the day.
Very nice finds! That's a lot of silver
We all had pretty good days Tundra, with everybody finding some Silver. As you can see by all the pictures there were a lot of smiles going around.
Amazing. Great job. Congratulations on 300
Thank you Yooper. Reaching 300 still has not sunk in. Even when I look at the bag of this years finds it still seems so surreal. Every coin from 1 to 308 has been pictured on this forum. Trapper

You guys were killing it. Sounds like a great time!
It was a great time. Sharing the hunts just seems so much more fulfilling.
Man you're on fire, unbelievable ! Keep it up Trapper And attaboys all around to the group you hunt with. I wish we had areas around here that would produce like that. HH Mark
Appreciate the comments Mark. I just hope the flames stay a while longer as the conditions here have been great.
Oh ya! ThNks Kev .. I fixed it .. Wayne finds ..What's burried 👍 . Yes he does. Here he is with Trap having a conversation about how IDXMonsters lost live Morgan dig was the best Video ever made.
Congradulations on the silver . That early merc looks great ! That solid bracelet ID bar was so heavy! Good luck on the return reasearch .
,Dew
👍
Those were great conversations Brad. Still I wish that Video would reappear. It is still one of the best I have ever seen.
Righteous! I agree, how often can everyone in a group all find silver at a public park? Perfect Hunting for you all! Nice Barber Half there Jack!

I do find it odd that theres not an "@hole in the bunch" though?...Maybe you guys in Wisconsin dont need one? From all the cheese...? One of these days I'll show up and then there will be one you can borrow!:laughing:
Thank you John for all the kind and encouraging words. Anytime you want to take the trip over you should know you will always be welcomed. If you give us a couple days notice we will gather some aluminum for your return trip. Trapper

Great bunch o' silvers Trapper! That ring is mysterious. Congrats on the big Barber and the cool 6-lever!
You guys all got some nice stuff. I expect to see some weekend finds posted on Chris's contest in the Member's Contest forum.

Congrats Trapper and keep 'em coming! Sounds like you guys had a great time and great camaraderie.

Man what a beautiful day with some great guys!! Crazy day for all of us with tons of silver and even got to chat with some 1860 replica playing baseball guys...outfits and all. I can’t say enough to Kevin for setting this up and good ol Brad bringing his awesome Kid Bert with. Great kid with tons of ambition around digging goodies. Then we have Trap..”Tomato Man” [emoji23][emoji23]. Great digs Trap!’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s really quite a thing to see how ornate that first one is Mike,it took some kind of process to do that when it was made. I knew it was involved looking at it right out of the ground but WOW! That’s an intricate little piece!
The enameling on the second(I’m assuming it’s enamel) is really well done too. Just goes to show that quality lasts a long time,even laying around in the dirt for 100 years or so!
Finding tiny stuff like that is NOT an easy thing to do...

Great hunting there! I like the padlock best of all. With that kind of luck I'm thinking you had a silver sniffing dog along, but you've got to train him not to chew on the quarters. :lol:
Appreciate the humor in your reply Foiled, thank you. That Quarter I'm sure lived a better life before it got chewed. I dug that old Padlock at was the old state boys school reformatory. It was a very deep dig and it really has great patina covering it.
Awesome hunt Trapper and friends! That half is great looking! Congrats to you and your friends!
Thank you Paul for the kind words. That hunt was awesome with everybody finding Silver. The Half does show ware but I don't think I'm going to throw it back. I got to go back and do a recount but I think this is my 9th Silver Half for the year which is unbelievable.
Thank you Mike for sharing your finds with us. I think that little Ornate piece of Sterling is a earring. Love that Sterling Charm, it too is very unique with the picture.
Great hunt! Congrats on 300fty, havnt been on here in a while. And nice barber too!!!
Appreciate your reply Jared, thank you. Hitting the 300 plateau is so surreal, I never thought I could ever achieve something like the year I am having. Still got some time to collect a few more. At least that is my present goal. Trapper

Lots of blinding bright silver pix ! I like the in-situ hunt shots of the location site too.

Oh ... but the 1945 quarter only counts for half-an-atteboy. Since it's chinked up with cut marks. Sorry 'bout that ! :laughing:

Very nice finds for all, and great to put some pics to the Forum names!
It was a great time David, I wish all the hunts I have were as full of the good fun this one held. The pictures does make the hunts more personal for the viewers.
Congrats on the finds, everyone. Looked like a good time was had by all!
Yes indeed Tom it was a great time for all the participants. Not often in a group hunt this large everybody leaves with treasure. All 6 of us dug Silver.
Great bunch o' silvers Trapper! That ring is mysterious. Congrats on the big Barber and the cool 6-lever!
You guys all got some nice stuff. I expect to see some weekend finds posted on Chris's contest in the Member's Contest forum.
The Ring is Native American design Blaise. Funny about the lock, Mine says Champion a Air Force Mike recovered one a few weeks back that is exact in design only his says Empire.
You can’t be stopped and you even got a barber half. Those are hard to find. Congrats and keep the silver coming.
Having time, some good sites and the willingness to make the effort seems to help add a few to the count Jason. The Silver Half I think is my 9th of the year. I'm sure it will slow a bit as trapping season gets here. We need a frost to rid us of hordes of miniature blood sucking vultures. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom