Garrett Pro Pointer problems

Mine quit after six weeks or so, I tried to figure it out myself, and found out the little switch had fallen apart, I sent it back and they repaired it, working fine so far. I was also having trouble with the battery making contact, If I screwed the cap on all the way, it wouldn't make 100% contact for some reason, worked better backing it off half a turn.

Salt water pin-pointer

Does anyone know if any hand held pin pointers operate in salt water sand? I have a Garrett pro-pointer and would like to use it more in salt water.
Wish Garrett would make one specifically for salt. Perhaps someone knows a trick to use here?

Does anyone know if any hand held pin pointers operate in salt water sand? I have a Garrett pro-pointer and would like to use it more in salt water.
Wish Garrett would make one specifically for salt. Perhaps someone knows a trick to use here?

i'd think the vibra probe would do o.k. personally i don't use any handheld pinpointer at the beach, really no need for one.....thats what the scoop is for

Adding to my earlier post, my Garrett Propointer has been used hard in the last 3+ years and has never had a problem. Its been used so much so that the bottom of the tip is noticably wearing down. Throughout its 3+ yr life I have probably washed it 5 times. I am still trying to figure out why the PP are still having so many problems??? :?: Maybe the first batch was the best batch?

I called Garrett yesterday and the lady didn't even ask a whole lot she just said to send it in and they would replace it at no charge cause it is still under warranty ...... I'm not sure why mine crashed on me cause I do not mistreat my equipment, when I pay 137 dollars for a pinpointer I certainly do not use it as a digging tool, I already have one of those. The worst I have done is use it after a rain in wet grass and dirt. It has gotten a little muddy on occasion but hey what do you expect if you metal detect it's the nature of the beast. If that is what has cause it to fail t perform then all I know to say is Garrett needs to make it much more rugged at least make it water proof instead of what they call water resistant, because if we grass and dirt is the cause then their "water resistant" statement is false. Don't get me wrong now I love the pin pointer better than anything I've ever used as far as performance, but if I'm going to purchase something that cost me that much I want it to last me more than 8 months before breaking.

Me too...

I'm fixing to send the propointer in for pretty much all of the above mentioned, and my AT Pro for falsing issues. Disappointed:(

Hoping to get mine back today, had mine for 9 months, and I only hunt for about 10 hrs a month so it hasnt had much use, starting to think about the inline probe.

Hopefully someone can help me. Back in January I purchased a Garrett Pro Pointer, it performed amazing; however here lately it is giving me some issues. When I turn it on even after a brand new battery it beeps constantly even when holding it straight up in the air. I have to power it off then back on and it will stabilize and seem to work fine, but now I just about have to be touching the coin before it detects it. It seems to have lost sensitivity majorly. The light still works great though. And I have noticed that intermediately when I press the power button to turn it on it will power on then when I release the button it goes right back off and I have to hold the button down for a few seconds before it will turn on.

Is anyone else that uses this device have similar issues?

Send it off to Garret Metal detectors, if its still under warranty. They will fix it for free. All you have to do is pay for shipping, for it to get there. Yes I bought one in December and it gave me problems, so I shipped mine last week, and got a new one back today. Sometimes they will give you a new one if it can't be fixed.

I just got my Garrett Pro Pointer and it works perfectly fine. They by now have heard all the problems with the older ones and fixed in newer runs.

I just got my Garrett Pro Pointer and it works perfectly fine. They by now have heard all the problems with the older ones and fixed in newer runs.

Its not really the older ones that seem to have the problems most of the time... its mostly the new ones.

Well go my pro pointer back today ..... not bad 9 days shipped it on the 4th got it back today. It works like it should happy now :D

Same issues here with the erratic chirping... I love that thing but with the amount that I've used it (no more than ten or fifteen outings) I would have expected better and I'm not harsh on it either. The good news is according to most of ya'll s turn around times I might have mine back before the weekend!

pointer pro acting weird

Mine would trigger erratically and I put a small rubber washer in the cap so it pushes the battery into the contacts. The foam piece went missing. It works fine now.

I had one that gave me a problem and I sent it USPS to them and had it back in a week and they shipped UPS and paid the shipping. cant beat service like that with a stick.

I have a suggestion how about stop using your pinpointer as a digging tool

Back
Top Bottom