• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

So,how many kept they're equinox,and who sold theirs?

..why did you keep it,and why did you sell it?
My 800 , is a matter of fact , bought a CF Plugger 36 inch one piece shaft for it, now i love it , the CTX3030 has been collecting dust :yes::lol:
..Paid for NOX books
..Paid for NOX lessons
Sold the CTX.
Sold the backup CTX.
Sold the Surf Pro PI.
KEPT the NOX800. Light, sensitive, and an excellent performer on salt water beaches. The 17" CTX was deeper, but my PI is still there to satisfy that need when it arises.

Since I travel a lot, the thing I like most about the NOX is that it is more compact than the CTX. It is also small enough to let my kids use...and since its a multi-frequency machine, they have no issues with falsing.

Last edited:
Sold it/them. It's a good all arounder but still prefer FBS for coins (best) and Deus for relics/sifting (best).

Note, I don't water or beach hunt.

I had one and sold it. Probably had about 20-25 hours on it.

I much preferred my Deus. It actually made me buy another HF Deus. Did not like the feel of it (flimsy and not optimally balanced) and the ID capabilities left a lot to be desired.

I will say if you are in the market for a 3030 go for the 800/600 instead.

Just put mine on a Anderson carbon fiber shaft. It has a place in my arsenal and will not replace my deus in iron but will be used for more open sites. We will see what happens when the 6 inch coil comes out.

I need to thin the herd but the Equinox and Deus will remain. Each has different qualities that I like. Both are light and easy for an old man to swing. I used the Etrac for 8 years, loved the machine but the weight is a factor now .

I am keeping mine for a while. I definitely think Nox was over hyped though. Build quality was sketchy. Mine has the shaft wobble, I'll send it in this winter for repair. 600 Headphones are junk. Arm cuff is huge. Grip is huge. VID is bad. But it does have some great settings controls. Waterproof. Light. I'm not sure if I would buy it again or not.

I'd still like to get my hands on an SE PRO. I was spoiled with VID on my AT Pro and the shortcomings of the ID on the NOX is annoying.

Keeping my 800. Found more silver with it in the last 4 months than in the last 6 years with other machines. Lightweight and works well on land and in saltwater, perfect for my needs. My only complaint is the wobbly shaft. I forsee a CF shaft upgrade in my future. :grin:

I just got my 800 yesterday, but have 10+ hunts with the 600 in. Not selling either detector. Why I went with the nox, resonable price, lightweight, easy to take apart and travel with, waterproof, can hunt anywhere with it. I have found the nox id to be very accurate, the trick is finding the sensitivity sweet spot for the ground you are hunting. The more I use it, the better I have gotten with it. Dug a deep barber dime at a park that a guy stopped me to talk because he saw i had an equinox, he said theres nothing left in the park and he has 2 etracs. And now the bad, headphones with the 600 suck, i havnt tried out the wireless on the 800 yet. The 150$ price for the waterproof headphones will likely drive me to build my own waterproof headphones. Cant wait to get this thing wet.

For me it does great on nickels. For other coins I prefer other detectors.

The hype about separating targets I have not seen yet, maybe if someone designs a smaller coil it will separate better.

For me it does great on nickels. For other coins I prefer other detectors.

The hype about separating targets I have not seen yet, maybe if someone designs a smaller coil it will separate better.

I definitely would like to see the performance with a smaller coil too.

equinox600

This is for the equinox owners:I am in Tampa Fl.
it is very hot today,i took my 600 out to a park to try it out,i have a screen protector on it,all was fine for a few minutes, then all targets showed 88,'i felt the screen protector,it was soooo hot,i turn it off and took it to my truck to cool down,i was in direct sun light,i think I should have took the protector off for this hot weather. just a caution:?:

Got the 600. Many hunts on it now. Its the perfect beach machine in the current market of detectors. Its light, waterproof, and as deep as the ctx. Additionally it was only $650. It has found me both gold and silver

Im buying another machine by the weekend,and was looking hard at the nox again.Thing is when I go to the forum just for nox users I see people saying the same things I disliked about it,and it pretty much kills it for me..It is a good unmasked tho,can’t argue that.No perfect machine out there,I guess I gotta look at what’s best and deal with the rest,lots of machines I like and dislike for one reason or another.i really think the Etrac spoiled me for all other machines,being a coin hunter.lol.who knows,I might just hafto give the 600 another go though.

Im buying another machine by the weekend,and was looking hard at the nox again.Thing is when I go to the forum just for nox users I see people saying the same things I disliked about it,and it pretty much kills it for me..It is a good unmasked tho,can’t argue that.No perfect machine out there,I guess I gotta look at what’s best and deal with the rest,lots of machines I like and dislike for one reason or another.i really think the Etrac spoiled me for all other machines,being a coin hunter.lol.who knows,I might just hafto give the 600 another go though.

Spend some time with the Nox, I think it will grow on you. Play with the settings and find what works for you. IF you are a silver hunter I have a silver killer program with the Nox, but either way give it time and this machine will make you wonder "how did it do that"!

Keeping my 800. Unmasks well,lightweight, works at saltwater beaches, thats enough for me.
Still like my At pro too.

Picked up my NOX 800 a few days ago, and only used it 3 times including today. Love the weight, recovery, and depth so far. Getting used to the VDI #s will take some time. Im also a tone over VDI guy, and like the more distinct tones on my 705. Im running 50 tones on the NOX, and they seem to be not as distinct with the pitch. Perhaps I need to tweak the advanced pitch settings? I also got it so I dont have to cower from the rain, and want to expand more into beach/water hunting.

First hunt at a grade school it nailed the nickles, much, MUCH better than the 705. 2nd hunt was at what I call the peace dollar field. Found an old match or cig case? that was beyond the depth of my fiskars knife digger. Also found a nickle in a place I know that I detected before. 3rd hunt was at a street tear out where I found two V nickles with the 705. The iron junk is thick in there, and the NOX did a great job of unmasking. Found an old suspender clip, a full 45-70 casing, and chunks of plumbing lead.

The head phones are vice grips, and I never liked the full muff types anyway. Ill pair it up with my bluetooth jazz headphones which are more comfortable, and allow me to hear my pinpointer and whats going on around me. Ill lose some delay time, but Im already used to that with my 705 set up.

So far its a keeper! :D

My nox is not going anywhere. Its a multi frequency Deus that is waterproof and works in saltwater. If it was a bit lighter and a tad better in thick iron then I would probably sell the Deus

Just put mine on a Anderson carbon fiber shaft. It has a place in my arsenal and will not replace my deus in iron but will be used for more open sites. We will see what happens when the 6 inch coil comes out.

Sold the 800 and kept the 600. The EQ600 will do just fine for me in coin shooting. The Deus is going nowhere.

Question for you two, and no I'm not playing devils advocate or stirring g the pot.

CB, so if it's not replacing your XP, which I thought was the market ML was targeting, when or what type of hunting would you use it for?

Choppa, you said, it would be your main goto for coinshooting? You like it over the FBS?

I'm selling a FBS, NOW since I already have 2 units, now, just not sure I see the place in my arsenal for an 800, I'm thinking a XP might have a home soon though.

Back
Top Bottom