Coinstar Silver #9

diggin4clad

Elite Member
Though it's been a slower than average year detecting, at least the Coinstar machine has provided a few goodies for me. Today's trip to the supermarket got me a few modern coins plus a 1963 silver Roosevelt dime, the 9th silver coin from Coinstar this year.

Attachments

• Image (13).jpg
    Image (13).jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 230
Its amazing the amount of silver those Coinstars throw off! Its been fun to follow the posts about it...Seems like the GenPop dont give one diddly durn about silver coins! Only us! Tragic sign of the Times!:laughing:

I found two 1943 steel pennies at a coin star about a year ago. I was so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way to go, this year has seriously sucked compared to last year on the coinstar, though my kids have found more silver in them than I have!

I am stuck at one clad dime from a coinstar machine. My wife only checks them if I remind her to look and she has found more clad coins that I have.

I don't think the general public has any idea what our coins are made of. I frequently show people the crusty zincolns that I find at the beach and they are surprised to learn that pennies are not made from copper.

Nine silvers? You're running neck & neck with my detecting silver count. I better get out there silver hunting again, before I get too far behind!

Nice report!

Nice Coinstar silver, congrats !

Maybe there would be more silver in the ground if people hadn't hoarded jars of their old coins for years that many are now taking to the Coinstar :laughing:

(see, they were just unknowingly keeping their old silvers clean for you to find in a Coinstar instead of the ground :lol:)

Its amazing the amount of silver those Coinstars throw off! Its been fun to follow the posts about it...Seems like the GenPop dont give one diddly durn about silver coins! Only us! Tragic sign of the Times!:laughing:

As long as they're leaving silver in those machines...I'm taking

Nice little haul.
Thanks...

Found two silver mercs in a Walmart Coinstair today. Was a pleasant surprise.
Congrats on the two mercs.

Or think they're still made of silver!

That could be true.

love the coinstar finds! nice!

Thanks

The best things in life are free, especially at the Coinstars!

Nothing like FREE money

Way to go, this year has seriously sucked compared to last year on the coinstar, though my kids have found more silver in them than I have!

You'll just have to beat your kids to the Coinstar machines....

I am stuck at one clad dime from a coinstar machine. My wife only checks them if I remind her to look and she has found more clad coins that I have.

Lady Luck?

I don't think the general public has any idea what our coins are made of. I frequently show people the crusty zincolns that I find at the beach and they are surprised to learn that pennies are not made from copper.

many people have little or no knowledge of coins

Nine silvers? You're running neck & neck with my detecting silver count. I better get out there silver hunting again, before I get too far behind!

Good luck when you go ….

Nice report!
Thanks

Nice Coinstar silver, congrats !
Thanks

Maybe there would be more silver in the ground if people hadn't hoarded jars of their old coins for years that many are now taking to the Coinstar :laughing:

(see, they were just unknowingly keeping their old silvers clean for you to find in a Coinstar instead of the ground :lol:)

That's OK with me.....

Back
Top Bottom