Garrett AT PRO 50 - 68 VDI Finds.

Fivepin

Elite Member
Garrett AT PRO Testing by the Numbers. I was wondering if I've been skipping treasure because I skip most pull tab 50 - 68 signals... So lets do some test digs to see what I've left behind!

20 hole test on ground I've already cleaned to see what treasures I missed and help ID what The Garrett is finding in this range and ...is it ultimately worth digging.

https://youtu.be/4dcFfMjK780

Cool video, but you might miss a gold ring not digging those solid nickel signals. I pass them up too when I'm too tired to dig every one, but the really solid ones could be gold. BTW, that little hook looked like a broken, pulled nail to me.

i really have to disagree with your statement in your video where you say you're not missing out by not digging those signals. 2 of my largest and bestest gold rings came in at the pulltab range (50-52).
after digging more than 2 dozen tabs one morning i got another tab signal. i wasn't going to dig it then changed my mind and did dig it..... 8 inches down was a 14K 8 gram ring!
if you want gold, you gotta dig the trash too! for smaller gold rings, don't ignore those tinfoil signals either. (40-45)
you can also score silver dimes and the older silver 5 cents in the mid to high 60's.

Pete

If I skipped 50-68 VDI on the ATP, I would have missed literally over 100 pieces of gold... Add another 20 or 30 for pieces outside those numbers...

<°)))>{

Never skip 50to53 especially if its not bouncy, its either a nickel or gold ring.
If 56 itsusually a pulltab. They can have double beep or scratchy tone.
Mostly 56 to 70 is junk.
70 could be gold coin,never found one.
Happy Detecting.

I know you are all correct. I will be digging all of those signals eventually. For now I'm picking the higher tones...as the field gets worked over I'll start pulling more of those in the range covered today. Its a lot of work...but truth be told....I WANT TO KNOW WHAT ALL OF IT IS.....:shock:

I dig repeatable signals.

To each his own but I made the trip, Im gonna dig it all till I get a belly full. If your just scanning a area to see if its worth your time then hunting by VDI is ok.

If I skipped 50-68 VDI on the ATP, I would have missed literally over 100 pieces of gold... Add another 20 or 30 for pieces outside those numbers...

<°)))>{

All you need is one really massive gold find to make a season...you gotta get an idea about Dirt Language, and since you are new, you gotta pay your dues behind the coil like we all did.... get really good and fast on alternative retrieval techniques and pay attention to the TONES not so much as the TIDS...I got a half dozen nickels this am, most of them were masked with iron that came up in the scoop...go by the target TONE dynamics and not TID..pay attention and you will learn as you go....Get really fast at target retrieval techniques and focus on that for a while,, that one skill alone can make you a Monster Hunter...You dont have to think about it so much then...Ping and pop!

Never skip 50to53 especially if its not bouncy, its either a nickel or gold ring.
If 56 itsusually a pulltab. They can have double beep or scratchy tone.
Mostly 56 to 70 is junk.
70 could be gold coin,never found one.
Happy Detecting.
You forgot shotgun headstamps in the nickel range.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom