Need advice on OLD high trash area

fuzzymaster

I just started md and have run into a site on friends farm that goes back to colonial times. There has been some type of establishment, room & board. general store, back to early18th century. Possibly earlier according to him and records he has found. I went there and tried it and it is covered in trash, you name it and I found it. The last building was torn down in the 60's so it has been vacant since then. Also there is a patch of thick myrtle? covering the entire area. The myrtle is about 4-5" high making detecting tough. Short of just digging I am not sure what to do. Another idea is talking him into bringing his front end loader over and leveling the area out some. I can't imagine what could be buried in there.

Read my last two threads. If you can, put teeth on your friends loader and grub (scrape) off the vegetation. If there is still to much trash, take the teeth off and scupe the dirt down 3 inches. You can put it back after you.detect.. If he is an experienced operator, this should be easy. Btw, I went back to my excavated totlot for a third time and came away with still more silver !

Ask him if you can mow it for him with a brush hog, if you know how to use one. Asking him to come and scape his property with his time and resources so you can play might seem odd unless he is a good friend.

As far as the trash unfortunately you will have to hunt through it like most of us do. If it gets too noisy throughout the day bump up the discrimination before I drives you to pack up and go home.

Good luck, let us know what you come across, and how you chose to handle it.

those are hard sites to hunt no matter how you do it. Historic sites covered with modern trash my favorite./ no really those sites test my nerves.

Back
Top Bottom