Miss Piggy won my heart-Bringing home the bacon

dirtydog

Forum Supporter
On Jan. 3, I went to a beach that I almost never hunt. I've been there at least 30 times and never recovered anything but clad. This is a huge public beach which is almost always full and almost impossible to find a place to park. There has to be great drops here but there are about 5 guys who detect it day and night. But reluctantly I decided to stop there on the 3rd day of Jan. It was cold the wind was blowing and I was the only one there for the first 7 hours. I purposely started 6 hours before low tide.

After sweeping the wet sand for over a hour I hit a silver ring with green stones. A great start for this beach I thought. Then I found the love of my life. Miss piggy. She was out in the surf in about 2 foot of water and was in the scoop with a big silver ring with gold overlay and stones. I'm convinced that finding Miss piggy was the key to the day. After a couple of hours in the water and Miss Piggy in my pocket. I got that beautiful tone that could only be gold. In a ditch about 3 foot deep and after about 6 scoops down with the 720i, out popped the first gold of the year. A nice 14K gold cross. About 10 minutes later a very small 10k heart. A lot of clad followed then the usual detector guys showed up for there evening hunt. I counted four and as I left I saw two in the parking lot. One guy ask did you find the gold. I said better than that I found Miss Piggy. Sorry Kermit she's mine now.

Attachments

• 20170104_122744 copy.jpg
    20170104_122744 copy.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 530
  • 20170104_124513 copy.jpg
    20170104_124513 copy.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 555
  • 20170104_125500 copy.jpg
    20170104_125500 copy.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 531
  • 20170104_122419 copy.jpg
    20170104_122419 copy.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 533
Great haul - -

The green stones look to be malachite. WTG on a very successful hunt. Steve in so la

Wow great finds congrats! That is actually peppa pig lol it's today's miss piggy for the kids :lol: my 4 year old daughter loves to watch it. HH!

:dingding:Miss Piggy rocks! Congrats on all the fine finds!!

Your on the roll!! Some Great treasures there!! Love all!

The green stones look to be malachite. WTG on a very successful hunt. Steve in so la

Thanks for the heads up on the stone Steve. I had no idea.

Wow, nice looking rings, and the cross is a keeper for sure!

Thanks Zee. It was a nice surprise for a beach I had always bombed out on.

Congrats on the gold , silver, nice looking ring's , Earl

Thanks Surf for the look see. I went home happy for a change.

Awesome. Looks like a very productive hunt

A great hunt Scuba. A little over 7 hours but not coming home empty handed was nice.

awesome hunt congrats
:cool:

Thanks for the kind word and for looking.

congrats on quite a haul

A good day for me. I've bummed out lately.

I like the crucifix the best.. congrats on all the finds Dirty. ;)

Thanks Craig. My wife liked it best as well. Now you know where it's at.:?::lol:

Wow great finds congrats! That is actually peppa pig lol it's today's miss piggy for the kids :lol: my 4 year old daughter loves to watch it. HH!
not 4.:lol:
Thanks for the congrats. Peppa pig. A new one for me but I'm

Sweet finds! Congrats, Phil

Thanks Phil.

What a beauty! And the jewelry finds are nice too ! :)

She is a beauty Kap. I think I'll take her with me from now on.

:dingding:Miss Piggy rocks! Congrats on all the fine finds!!

Love the bacon woman as well Felix. She know how to turn a old guy on.

Your on the roll!! Some Great treasures there!! Love all!

You da man OBN. Thanks for the good words.

Congratulations on that great hunt there Dirty!
Mud

Puppy Man. Thanks for looking at the days toy box.

Nice! Congrats! Glad you didn't let the others discourage your hunt. Keepem coming!

Congrats on some really nice finds and on the new girl in your life. I think we all have a beach that we know gets hit hard by others. Here on Oahu some beaches people will ask if your part of the Day crew or Night Crew when it comes to detecting those sands.

Never say die and never give up the beach!

Back
Top Bottom