not even on my bucket list... 1916 D

gunwolf

Elite Member
a while back I saw that goes4ever found one... I was happy to hear that if there is one on the ground there has to be more. Well I can think of several other coins that are on my bucket list, mostly ones I have a chance of finding! this is pure luck!
Backstory: a few days ago while at a friends house in North Buffalo (houses are early 1900's) I saw that the yard was tore up... he said he is getting lawn sprinklers and sod... so I asked and he said go ahead. well found an old wristwatch, a few wheats, and one Merc... once I got inside and cleaned it I saw it was a well worn 1916... so I naturally flipped it and saw the D:shock: then I couldn't remember if the valuable one was an S or a D.. so we looked it up. he kept the coin, and we are splitting the $$$ whatever it may be. his guy said around $400...IDK? it is pretty worn...

Rare find! Congrats on the ultimate Merc!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet find! I think the $400 estimate might be conservative,
With a grade of G-4 it lists for about a grand.
In a mint state it's an unattainable coin for most collectors.
Big Congrats!

Awesome find for sure! I found a 1916 merc but no mint mark :(

thanks guys.. the thought that this was in circulation long enough to be worn that bad is funny... I guess back then they didn't see this dime as valuable. now we are looking at every little thing!

Awesome find man, people pay up sometimes for rare dates even in trashed condition... Congrats on getting THE one dime everyone is looking for!

Back
Top Bottom