Deus users using full tones (beware)

It's great the way you can set the Rutus to full tones, i could set the iron tone to suit, say 15, then put a big enough jump to the 1st tone so as to differentiate from iron, not so with the deus full tones.

I see what you have wrote here.

It is not quite as easy or logical as how you put it here,,as far as Deus.
Why?
First let's look at not using full tones but using disc level 6 (will knock out most nails).
Now when a Deus user sets up their tone sound (freq) using 2 tone, the area disced out will be 0-6. Hence one would think get a nonferrous target reading above 6 = higher tone.
This is true, but not absolute.
Actually possible set up as above to get higher tone and a meter reading of 4, or 5 or 6.
Now my hours of running version 4.0 not near as much as version 3.2.
Using version 3.2 the lowest meter reading I ever saw was 3.

Now, let's talk running full tones disc 0, with version 3.2.
Yes, there are no tone break settings. They are done for the user automatically.
But running with this setup, very possible to see when tone is provided to see meter readings of 0,1,2,3,4,5, etc while sweeping coil over nonferrous.

If we up the disc to level 2.0, I saw fewer nonferrous targets reporting as 0, more 1,2 and 3.

Now the Rutus.
How low VDI wise will it report a nonferrous target?
And does the tone provided on Rutus is it married to Vdi reported?

I say no, but I am not ready to swear on stack of bibles yet.

Now, running lower disc could indeed allow Rutus to alert user on some highly challenged targets.

So what I am trying to say, even though Rutus allows a user to assign the individual Vdi tones (sound wise),, a user could hear a tone, not exactly the assigned tone for nonferrous) but maybe duller(lower than assigned) while sweeping over a more challenged nonferous target, yet detectable.

Now back to Deus.
Here is an interesting question.
If a user uses disc 6, and chooses 2 tones, and sets the sound provided manually for the higher tone to max pitch setting (sound wise),,,does doing this affect some of the more challenged nonferrous, as their ID is seemingly dragged down closer and closer to the iron tone,,, tone wise??
Personally, I can't give an answer to this question.
I probably should be able to, but I haven't ever experimented to see.
If I had to guess I would say no for the most challenged yet detectable.
I could be wrong though.
The Deus, the way its audio works, and reports on highly challenged targets is exceptional when compared to many other units.
Remember the actual detecting circuit could be seeing the nonferrous, but this info must be conveyed to user.
I suspect some of the other models detectors this is exactly what doesn't happen.
Only speculation.
But audio conveyance in itself is a very important part of a grand performing detector,,especially when hunting around iron and nails.

Deus seems, its audio is not based on a binary choice, not a beep and dig, rather a flowing setup, which allows for the audio circuit to report more abrupt changes in conductivity smoother even between objects that are in extreme close proximity and can be on different planes.

Last edited:
I was messing with 3 tone tone breaks last night. With a button, I got it to break into two different tone signals on the sweep by having a tone bin break at 74. Depending on your tone breaks, I can see that happening in 4-5 tone selection

I can remember the Rutus reporting a high tone on some targets below my iron tone break point, and i've noticed the Deus doing so as well when the targets close to iron, i've been digging the more promising sounding of these as i sweep around the target.
The Deus seems to have more fine adjustability in it's disc setting, i've loads yet to learn on these finer points of the machine.

Out today with Deus V4 9" LF coil. In one my detector proving grounds sites.
Using full tones, 18khz,reactivity 2.5 silencer -1, sens 93, tx power 2, audio report level 2.
Got to witness signals heard (nonferrous targets) with disc set to +2.0, went to disc -2.5,,,notta, or extremely hard to discern a nonferrous target existed. Also a couple targets checked with disc +5.2,,notta nothing I would ever dig. Tone vanished.

Btw some of these targets not lower conductors either.
Light bulb base, piece of smooth lead about size and shape of a nickel, higher conductive reading button flat button. examples.
Could have infact been coins IMO.

Defo problems using full tones, i'm strongly considering going back to the Rutus, i feel it offers me more for my type of hunting.
I'm going to do the 'for / against' list and see how they stack up!

Defo problems using full tones, i'm strongly considering going back to the Rutus, i feel it offers me more for my type of hunting.
I'm going to do the 'for / against' list and see how they stack up!

Try the following Ghound with Deus before abandoning.
If using 9" coil use disc level 2 full tones.
If using 11" coil use disc level 3 full tones.

Will allow Deus to run quieter and sniff thing out.

Back
Top Bottom