AT Pro-blems

Rattlehead

Forum Supporter
I was using the ATPro a couple of days ago and out of the blue it just stopped responding to targets. The display is still working but waving it over a target produces no audio or ID response at all. I first suspected it was the coil, but after trying a different one it still didn't work. I can hear the start up tone so it's not speaker related. Batteries are good. I also tried a reset and checked the coil connection. No joy. Detector has no warranty remaining. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would try turning it on, then taking the batteries out while on, and put them back and see if that helps? I'm sure you've made sure the batteries are all in right way? :)

If you were just a little closer I'd let you could swap out pieces with my unit and coils so we could narrow down the issue. Maybe someone is on NW side who can meet you.

BCD

I was using the ATPro a couple of days ago and out of the blue it just stopped responding to targets. The display is still working but waving it over a target produces no audio or ID response at all. I first suspected it was the coil, but after trying a different one it still didn't work. I can hear the start up tone so it's not speaker related. Batteries are good. I also tried a reset and checked the coil connection. No joy. Detector has no warranty remaining. Any ideas?

I've noticed something similar with mine.

Sometimes I get numbers on the VDI and no tones, sometimes tones but no numbers.

I assumed numbers and no tones were targets that were being discriminated and that tones but no numbers indicated a deep target.

But it doesn't always work this way. :?:

I would try turning it on, then taking the batteries out while on, and put them back and see if that helps? I'm sure you've made sure the batteries are all in right way? :)
I'll give that a try when I get home tonight. Thanks. :cheers:

Sell it to me :laughing:
:lol: I don't think I'd get much for it in its current condition.

If you were just a little closer I'd let you could swap out pieces with my unit and coils so we could narrow down the issue. Maybe someone is on NW side who can meet you.

BCD
I tried another coil and it did the same thing. :(

I've noticed something similar with mine.

Sometimes I get numbers on the VDI and no tones, sometimes tones but no numbers.

I assumed numbers and no tones were targets that were being discriminated and that tones but no numbers indicated a deep target.

But it doesn't always work this way. :?:

Strange. My ID and tones both stopped working at the same time. Has yours ever done that?

Thanks for the replies guys! :cheers:

I would offer the unit up to Garrett's old detector display "museum", and maybe they will pump a new At Max your way.

sounds like an issue with the coil plug on the control unit. symptoms sound like turning it on with no coil attached.

sounds like an issue with the coil plug on the control unit. symptoms sound like turning it on with no coil attached.

Yep. Thats exactly how its acting.. as if no coil is attached.

Hmmm. I might take it apart and check those solder points on the plug where the coil connects.

Typically out of warranty repairs will run $100-$150.
This happened to CS1 recently, perhaps you could send him a PM.

Thanks guys. I have done a reset. I'll probably just send it to Garrett if that's all it costs to get it repaired.

I just got mine about a month ago and it was doing that right out of the box, turns out the coil connector was loosening up and just had to be tightened up a bit and it all worked fine.

I just got mine about a month ago and it was doing that right out of the box, turns out the coil connector was loosening up and just had to be tightened up a bit and it all worked fine.

On the inside of the control housing? I've tried tightening the outside connection with no impact.

No, i had to tighten up the outside connector. I would screw it tight, swing it for about 5-10 minutes and have to tighten it again. This went on for a day or two till it just finally stayed tight. I have read where people have gotten brand new units and they sent it back to Garret and found that there was a broken wire strand in the cord from the coil to the connector.

Send to garrett, I need to send mine too, pinpoint doesn't work and it can't remember
previous settings fully in custom mode.

Back
Top Bottom