Plotting Road Beds?

SayBye

Hey guys what's a good app to use to plot old road beds? Or to keep up with when're you've walked or been in the woods?

A program to use while you are walking them, like to track your route? Or a program to see the route and try to follow it?

I use Maprika for various things like CW sites and homesteads, I could see it working for what you're loooking to do as well. You can overlay old maps, track where you've been, set markers and etc.

Without having to write a long post..Heath Jones does a overview of how to do some things with it here..

A program to use while you are walking them, like to track your route? Or a program to see the route and try to follow it?

A app to track while I'm walking it. I have several era maps of the road but the maps never line up just right. I know where it's at, I want to walk it and plot the entire road.

I use Maprika for various things like CW sites and homesteads, I could see it working for what you're loooking to do as well. You can overlay old maps, track where you've been, set markers and etc.

Without having to write a long post..Heath Jones does a overview of how to do some things with it here..

I use Maprika for overlays of old maps but I'm unaware of it actually being able to track you movements? If it does please let me know.

I use Maprika for overlays of old maps but I'm unaware of it actually being able to track you movements? If it does please let me know.

In the app bottom right corner should say "more"
And in there is "Start new track" which will begin recording your movements when you click that then you stop it when your done and save it.

To view your stored tracks you goto the All tracks button.

Attachments

• IMG_4090.jpg
    IMG_4090.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 175
In the app bottom right corner should say "more"
And in there is "Start new track" which will begin recording your movements when you click that then you stop it when your done and save it.

To view your stored tracks you goto the All tracks button.

Excellent! I'll give it a go this weekend! Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom