Waterproof NOX phones

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
Read a FB thread someone was making them, but didn't see who. Anyone got any leads?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Lol

Probably get after markets before ,ML gets the accessories out :roll::foottap::waiting::gaah::stormy: Dave when you find out who it is PM me !

Last edited:
grayghost amphibiens are in the works now i think not sure when they will be availible though

They were terrible for the CTX. You would think a headphone company could actually design better headphones than OBN on his work bench.

hopefully waterproof headphones are LOUDER on the Equinox than they are on the CTX. They simply SUCK on the CTX, regardless of who's making them. Compare volume on the Excal vs the CTX with waterproof head phones and the Excal is at least 2x louder. Hopefully MineLab figures it out by now.

hopefully waterproof headphones are LOUDER on the Equinox than they are on the CTX. They simply SUCK on the CTX, regardless of who's making them. Compare volume on the Excal vs the CTX with waterproof head phones and the Excal is at least 2x louder. Hopefully MineLab figures it out by now.

Weird but with the Excalibur headphone mod for CTX the Koss yellows are loud as heck. Take the same pair and stick it to the CTX and you can't hear kwap:?:

Low Tide you apparently havent used a pair of phones with audio sear speakers. Ive been using an older model of Ralphs phones that have great volume on the CTX. MAL is another good pair. BUT.... lets not take anything away from Joes piezo phones either..... and they are more waterproof.

Itsaring...... i believe thats because there 3 pins required to be used instead of two.

All you have to do is buy the garrett grey ghost Amphibians and change the end for the CTX and then you have loud enough water proof head phones.

This issue is critical for the Waterbabies...Also how it holds up working chest deep water? How the coil bouyancy behaves....If its too bouyant, that will be no good...a guy will have to drop a glass rod down inside the lower shaft to keep that coil on deck in the deep water...Or do some sort of thing...:?:

Mudd....... i can answer that. We had a red flag day yesterday..... perfect time to test the coil. Waded..... to just below the box. I was surprised how well the coil stayed down and moved. You just dont realize how much drag the CTX has..... night and day. I didnt notice a lot of coil flip that you get from the CTX in moving water..... especially swinging N to S where you have a bit of an incline on most beaches. The coil cover is better too....or maybe its just new. But the cross braces dont come as loose as the CTX causing kind of a rudder affect swinging up that incline making it float or hard to swing to my right. Still considering removing those front 4 braces.:laughing: Overall thou it moves as well as the Xcal on a straight shaft in swift water.

Waiting game, round #2
940cd0437982e197ec63dee8911c52b3.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The guy is on the west coast I can’t remember his name but he is a member of the Jersey Shore beach and surf hunters Facebook group

Grey Ghost Headphones for Equinox

I called Detector Pro last week and was told it will be 2+ months before they can obtain the male plug and produce GG Amphibians. My Minelab dealer said about the same time for their waterproof accessory headphones.:laughing:

I have a guy overseas working on a solution for my CTX GG Amphibians to work on the Equinox.

Bill

Nice looking headphones!
I agree with what others have said, once you modify the stock excal by cutting the plates down and popping them into a set of peltors they resonate differently. If they offer those as the waterproof headphones for the equinox a similar mod would work wonders.

Back
Top Bottom