Finally some gold and silver...

Hunting in the cold is not very easy when the wind is blowing and the temps are in the 20's and low 30's... I was very warm because I dress in layers but its always hard to keep the hands warm.. the scoop handle is freezing cold and holds that cold very well :roll: Usually I get chased off the beach by because of my hands start to feel as if they are burning and that is a warning sign for frostbite...

I had stopped at walmart to see if they had any winter lined gloves and I came across these gloves... I liked the fact they were thin enough to go into my scoop but were lined so I bought 2 pairs... I used one pair yesterday and had added a couple hot hand pads which I had to remove because between the lining in the glove and pads my hands were burning up.. after I took the hot hands out my hands stayed warm never getting cold for the entire hunt and I was dipping them in the water because I was hunting the rocks that were in 6 inches of water besides the ones out of the water...

These are them and I plan on buying several more pairs today that is how much I liked them.

http://www.wellslamont.com/index.php/work/167

In the water I wear my shoulder length gloves so its not an issue but I don't wear them hunting the shore line.

God tip on the gloves, I used my red clammer gloves last week and love them, I like the fact I can pull out quick to grab the treasure if needed then back into where it is nice and warm. And they did not leak, Now I need a backup set. Thanks Joe

Another fine hunt Craig. Looks like you definitely earned it! GL & HH!

It was fun to get out again... going to try again tomorrow because after that the temps are supposed to really drop and I won't hunt in temps in the teens for highs and lows around zero :lol:

I'm glad to hear your back out there. It's no fun being laid up and unable to detect. Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom