• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

a Garrett ACE question

DJS

when exactly was the ace250/150 introduced?

I found an old 1999 Garrett catalog while I was looking through some old motorcycle back issues(it must have gotten mixed in the pile years ago) and was kind of surprised to see all the different models listed in that catalog that arent listed in the new one(2006, the only other year I have)

as far as the "basic" models the 2500, 1500, 550 were in the '99 catalog but thats about it... they had a GTAx1250, GTAx750 and a GTAx400, an ace300 ace 200, and an ace 100 listed that arent in the new catalog, so I would assume they were dropped?

I would imagine that the new aces(250/150) must have taken over the old models but that seems like quite a few models in the line up to just drop out of production in just a few years time(but maybe I'm wrong)...

I guess theres no real point behind this topic, I just found that old catalog and was wondering...

Well,

My Ace 250 was introduced to me in my house about 6 months ago and we have been good friends ever since. We take long walks in the park with me holding tight and swing my friend back and forth as we walk. As always, ol' "Ace" is just like any new puppy sniffing out hidden things in the ground. I am glad I was introduced to "Ace".

(Sorry, couldn't resist :lol: )

As far as I know, the old ACE line was called the Treasure Ace, while the new 150 and 250 models are just ACE. From what I understand, the old Treasure Ace line was nothing to write home about, which I guess prompted them the update the line. I bought an ACE250 not too long after they came out, had it since April 05, and it has been great. No problems at all and lots of good finds! Good luck!

The Ace 250 and 150 was introduced in the second half of 2004. The others you mentioned in theold catalog were indeed dropped from the line and the 1350 was added. :yes:

Treasurekidd said:
As far as I know, the old ACE line was called the Treasure Ace, while the new 150 and 250 models are just ACE. From what I understand, the old Treasure Ace line was nothing to write home about, which I guess prompted them the update the line. I bought an ACE250 not too long after they came out, had it since April 05, and it has been great. No problems at all and lots of good finds! Good luck!
Don't let my wife hear that (nothing to write home about) she has a Garrett Freedom Ace 100 and I she wouldn't give that thing up for anything. She does quite well with it and it works as good as the day we got it. Steve.

SkiWhiz, no offense meant, lol! I was only repeating what I've heard from others. Besides, I'm a firm believer that a good, expererienced metal detectorist with a lower end machine will always find more and better stuff that a bad detectorist with a top of the line machine. Give the wife some of the credit here, lol!

Back
Top Bottom