1872 Half Dime

connman06

I have been the metal detecting for a while now. I have not found anything remotely close to what my daughter found the other night. She was digging with her hands playing fairies under our lilac tree. She unearth an 1872 half dime. Needless to say I was shocked. My best coin is a 1906 Barber half. I just got shown up by a 9 year old with no metal detector!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 323
Lilacs are not indiginous flora to the NA Continent.. they do not free seed replicate either...they used to be planted upwind of the farmhouse shidder and Master bedroom household back in the day...

You find a lilac bush? All by itself somewhere? Yeah..Not an accident...It was planted there by a human bean for some olfactory purpose and probably 100+ yrs old....theres a dwelling downwind I assure you...

That's awesome! I can't find one of them anywhere! Good for her and congrats on the barber half too , not an easy coin to find either!

....I just got shown up by a 9 year old with no metal detector!

I absolutely love this story! And you gotta get a detector in that girl's hands...she's a natural!! :laughing:

Lilacs are not indiginous flora to the NA Continent.. they do not free seed replicate either...they used to be planted upwind of the farmhouse shidder and Master bedroom household back in the day...

You find a lilac bush? All by itself somewhere? Yeah..Not an accident...It was planted there by a human bean for some olfactory purpose and probably 100+ yrs old....theres a dwelling downwind I assure you...

And this nugget of info is what makes this forum priceless, too...thanks, Mud!

Back
Top Bottom