My oldest coin to date

longbow62

Forum Supporter
I had an amazing find this morning. My oldest coin so far. I have been hunting in the woods at the end of my street lately. I found a U.S. 2 Cent coin this morning. My oldest coin ever by a quite a lot. Problem is it's toast! I doubt I ever get clean enough to see the date. I found the coin in the same general area that I have found lead round ball and part of horse bit. I found it with a Whites XLT about 6" deep.

Attachments

• My Two Cents.jpg
    My Two Cents.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 175
I had an amazing find this morning. My oldest coin so far. I have been hunting in the woods at the end of my street lately. I found a U.S. 2 Cent coin this morning. My oldest coin ever by a quite a lot. Problem is it's toast! I doubt I ever get clean enough to see the date. I found the coin in the same general area that I have found lead round ball and part of horse bit. I found it with a Whites XLT about 6" deep.
Date is on the other side.
bba961af92e6f0dd084588ad548c0b32.jpg
3ba055547cab788ace436c380f908de8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Great find! I've gotten a date off every 2 center I've found, the gold thing is that it's so toasted it has little value, toss it in the tumbler and see if that works. Happy hunting!

Looks like 1867 so far. I still can't believe I found this! Good idea didn't think about tumbler. I will put it in tumbler I use for rifle brass and see what happens.

Attachments

• 2 centsb.jpg
    2 centsb.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 150
I hope it cleans up well.

What I'd do is first use a mild soap and water solution and soak it for a week or two. But that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom