Headphones

CyrilliumOH

Anyone prefer metal detecting without using headphones or is the general thought that you'll miss weak tones if youdon't use headphone? So far I've preferred no headphones but I'm never around other

Anyone prefer metal detecting without using headphones or is the general thought that you'll miss weak tones if youdon't use headphone? So far I've preferred no headphones but I'm never around other

Never tried it, in hot weather, I tend to switch to earbuds.

Really depends on detector and headphones. Some lower end machines simply have 2 or 3 tones. No nuance in the sound at all. Many times, however, you can save battery life on the detector by using headphones instead of using the built in speaker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a multi tone machine then headphones will help immensely. You HAVE to hear what your machine is trying to tell you. Especially when it's noisy where you are hunting, ie., traffic, high wind, nearby trains etc. But some headphones are too big and cumbersome. For me and my Etrac, light weight wireless headphones are ideal. No wires to have to work around while kneeling or in the brush, no big wired headphones with large "ear muffs" so you can't hear what's going on around you. Works for me.

A guy in our area was hunting at night without them and got the cops called on him by the people he woke up with the constant beeping. Please use them, you cant hear the subtle tones without them anyway.

Hey guy I hunted with doesn't use headphones pretty annoying to hear their beeps over your beeps....not to mention the unwanted attention from others around. Just bad etiquette not to use them.

I would never hunt without headphones. I have recovered too many goodies I would have probably missed without them.

I just put together a killer set of headphone. Hastings here in dodge is going out of business. I went in and they had a set of Bluetooth headphones at 70% off. I bought them because they just seemed to fit so comfortably. Made a custom cable and these phone kick some butt. I have a set of Killer B's and some UR-30's and I doubt I'll be using them anytime soon. Super full tone quality. Most excellent phones I've worn.

I always use headphones since I'm a little hard of hearing I turn the volume way up and it helps me hear the different tones.

Depends on your machine, where you hunt, and if you don't want to make noise. If I am on the beach, its a must. The waves alone would cause you to miss tones. I think even in the best scenarios you would miss targets on the outer edge of your machine that might only give a slight bleep...no matter what machine you have

In the summer while in deep woods I don't use them because I don't like the heat, even with earbuds. Otherwise I use them so I don't attract attention.

I wish they were all wireless like the XP Deus! Sometimes the wires are a bit cumbersome when you get down to dig a plug.

If I'm hunting at the beach and there's high waves I use phones, but not when the water is calm. I always use phones when detecting around other MDers (contests, etc) because I don't want the other MDers hearing my signals. If I'm at a totlot or school playground I almost never use phones. I should say that I have perfect hearing still (*crossing fingers*).

Back
Top Bottom