* GT, Coils, Silver & Gold *

meggie

Elite Member
Many of you will know of my obsession with my Sovereign GT's. Well I have probably tried every type of coil available for them.My current coil that I use most is the 13" Detech Ultimate,which has probably found me more than the rest in total.
This last few weeks I have had around 10 beach hunts with not much sucess so today I decided to hunt the beach with the stock 10" Tornado coil.
Had a much better day,scoring $19 in coins 2 x 925 silver rings & a 9ct gold one.And yes having $1 & $2 coins over here in Australia certainly helps out.;)
I'm sure most of the targets were much deeper than normal.Either way I'm much happier today.

Meggie ....

Attachments

• IMG_9740.jpg
    IMG_9740.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_9758.jpg
    IMG_9758.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 369
The stock coils are very good. Minelab just might know a thing or two about coil design. I like the Ultimate coil as well because I never worried about a coil cover on it. But in the water on an Excal i thought it was too big and a little noisy.

I liked the coverage and depth on the dry sand..... but near or in the water by time you turned her down the standard coil was doing about as well in my tests. Congrats on your finds.

Dew

:dingding:Hell, if I had a hunt like that I'd be MUCH happier the next day too! :lol:

Nice finds, sounds like the ultimate is working well for you! I've got the same coil, covers LOTS of ground...

Back
Top Bottom