What scoop

the dane

Hi guys me again! Decided to go with the Garrett digger! But now i want or do i need a Sand/beach scoop?
Ok, i dont want to be or look like those beach junkies that carry a detector and an Arsenal of equipment! But the beach is walking distance to my home!
I have found when I do dig on the beach I am losing my target sometimes!
So its a 2 part question! Do most people hunt on the dry sand or the Wet Sand?
Do I need a plastic scoop that fits in a backpack or do I need a metal scoop?
I know the difference between plastic metal and stainless steel! But does plastic do as good as metal as in digging? cheers guys thanks once more!
96c9078ffd3779ed008a25de7f8438f2.jpg
4386b46f30d8d241369fd8c3ded30191.jpg
268bc5267dfde0f08f0586cb880c2ab5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ive got the second one, great in dry gets a bit heavy in wet but effective enough

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Is cost a factor and you do know they make a scoop with a handle? That bending over is a killer with a good machine that goes deep. If you are dry sanding and NEVER intend on getting in the oat meal or water get a good dry sand scoop with 1/4" holes to catch about everything. Otherwise......if your plans are to get wet........ starvr or stealth in say a 1/2" hole.

I use the 1/2" hole starvr and dont loose many targets even in the water. Are you loosing them........ or are they disappearing? Its possible you are getting wrap around from an iron target that once removes is disc out. You never mentioned your machine. Most of the time i can dig a pretty good hole in the dry sand and just kick the sand and PP a target with the machine.

Dew

Thanks Dew! Its a X-TERRA 505, iam loosing stuff in the dig out! Dry sand! I then re scan the area and get nothing!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Whichever one you decide on, stay away from them Ukraine ones as they are junk (from what I heard and seen)

One

Of these, not a hand held scoop !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Light duty a RTG scoop will do, heavy duty SunSpot, Earl

Attachments

• P1000473.JPG
    P1000473.JPG
    163.7 KB · Views: 259
Yeah! definitely not a StoopNScoop hand held flour sifter!! You baking a cake or hunting Gold? Unless you are just dikking around for giggles, OK then... I understand and do this myself often...

If you are serious about beach Gold hunting, (as we are) you gotta go fast and efficient!...That means getting the right tools and employing them often....similar to a French pastry Chef, only without the hat and horizontally stripped shirt, Keep the moustache, and use a long handled beach 'flour sifter'...get up and out early and ransack the sand for old glory...or get up late and bake a cake!

Mud

Get a long handled scoop, and for those prices you are not far from buying a quality one... 40 bucks for the last plastic one :shock::shock::shock:

Hi guys me again! Decided to go with the Garrett digger!

Really, you asked us all for advice on getting a good Digger... Then you went with the only one that nobody recommended, and some even said to avoid...

What ever you do don't get a Stavr or a Stealth, they would be too good...

<°)))>{

Steve

That is a SunSpot 920IX Extreme with a ash handle & Grab handle http://stealthscoop.com/ all the scoop you will ever need, it's not a dry sand scoop , it's a wet, water scoop, happy hunting, Earl PS if you want a light dry sand scoop, RTG makes them, the 3 on the left are RTG, the two on the left are for dry sand, http://rtgstore.com/ , happy hunting, dont get a hand digger, the key is recover the target without bending over, save your back, recover treasure quicker, and 3 times as much, happy hunting. PS My 920IX was a custom make with extra support arms and foot neck plate.

Attachments

• P1000467.JPG
    P1000467.JPG
    158.9 KB · Views: 257
  • P1000468.JPG
    P1000468.JPG
    167.8 KB · Views: 205
  • P1000469.JPG
    P1000469.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 360
  • P1000471.JPG
    P1000471.JPG
    162.9 KB · Views: 183
Don't buy THAT plastic scoop! Go to your local pet store, buy a large grain scoop, and drill 5/8" holes in it. It's EXACTLY the same scoop for about $6.00.

I made one when I first started. Great for dry sand. Wave the scoop over the coil to see if you have retrieved the target. It lasted about 18 months before breaking and gave me a chance to see if I liked the hobby without pouring a fortune into the scoop. Good for you to test the "stoop & scoop" method.

Now, if your already getting into wet sand hunting... and, sooner or later, you will if you like the beach hunting... then that plastic won't do in any way, shape, or form.

R5

Back
Top Bottom