• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bucket list big silver and more...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Went out with Jason on this rainy Sunday morning for Mudchurch...Last night I removed the 10X12 SEF coil from the GT and mounted the stock 10" Tornado coil with the idea to hunt a real trashed out section of Nail Park this time...my 2nd target was nestled in among the nails, pulltabs and bottlecaps, but I got a good silvery high tone while circling it, so I cut a good sized deep plug and removed another scoop of dirt for good measure. I began to stir the loose dirt and saw the shine of a silver. I called Jason over to see what it was. He has a pic on his phone of the coin in the dirt...this is what I found...
IMG_0081_zps2f3f603f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0079_zps3899ef45.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] More pix of my first Seated Half and the rest of the finds soon!

Stupid sick.... What else did you guys find? Here is the silver in the hole pic! Wished i zoomed in more but it was raining.
Went out with Jason on this rainy Sunday morning for Mudchurch...Last night I removed the 10X12 SEF coil from the GT and mounted the stock 10" Tornado coil with the idea to hunt a real trashed out section of Nail Park this time...my 2nd target was nestled in among the nails, pulltabs and bottlecaps, but I got a good silvery high tone while circling it, so I cut a good sized deep plug and removed another scoop of dirt for good measure. I began to stir the loose dirt and saw the shine of a silver. I called Jason over to what it was. He has a pic on his phone of the coin in the dirt...this is what I found...
IMG_0081_zps2f3f603f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0079_zps3899ef45.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] More pix of my first Seated Half and the rest of the finds soon!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 2,479
IMG_0084_zps786f3a5a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0083_zps7ba96b32.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0090_zps5ac1a42e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0089_zps735349e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] To think everyone walked over and past this 6" deep coin for the last 130 something years...until I came along and got the coil over it for silver #218...simply outrageous! I found some other keepers as well today...
IMG_0085_zpsf7b67a1b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] 4 early wheats, Indian #24...
IMG_0086_zps0a58ac2b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] another dime trifecta...silvers #219, #220 and #221...
IMG_0088_zps7da3761c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] I dug them in order, Barber, Merc, Rosie...my 7th hunt in a row with a Barber...and the Rosie was my 800th career silver:cool:....Pretty good hunt today:yes: Thanks for the looks and Happy Hunting!

Mind blowing no doubt! Great save and congratulations on another milestone.

Jason, Bruce got the seated half and the silver dime trifecta, and a IH too I think.

I got 3 Barber dimes, 2 mercs, an IH, some wheats.

Bruce will probably get a seated dollar tomorrow :lol:

Mind blowing no doubt! Great save and congratulations on another milestone.

Jason, Bruce got the seated half and the silver dime trifecta, and a IH too I think.

I got 3 Barber dimes, 2 mercs, an IH, some wheats.

Bruce will probably get a seated dollar tomorrow :lol:

Geez i should have stayed!:laughing:

Awesome Seated Half

:pirates:Congrats Bruce. INCREDIBLE FIND! Post some more pics of that Beautiful Seated half. Although my Happy Hunting Ground has been located I'm truly excited for you and anyone of you pirates:laughing: finding great coins and relics from this fantastic site. Hope we all can find more silver and gold and great finds from the past. Congrats Again on your Fantastic 1876 Seated Half in EF condition!
:gottaluv:

:pirates:Congrats Bruce. INCREDIBLE FIND! Post some more pics of that Beautiful Seated half. Although my Happy Hunting Ground has been located I'm truly excited for you and anyone of you pirates:laughing: finding great coins and relics from this fantastic site. Hope we all can find more silver and gold and great finds from the past. Congrats Again on your Fantastic 1876 Seated Half in EF condition!
:gottaluv:

How did you miss all that silver these guys Minelab guys are finding :laughing:

Minelab Loves Silver

How did you miss all that silver these guys Minelab guys are finding :laughing:

I did find a nice 1916 Beautiful Condition Mercury Dime and my 1877 Seated Dime. The At Pro loves Indians. ..Minelabs love silver. Angel did find a beautiful 1895 Barber today with his At Gold. Come join us Craig:yes:

Wow Bruce you really are putting on a show. That is a fabulous coin and a fantastic hunt. With all your efforts and dedication you have earned this hunt and its rewards. Congrats on a great coin and great hunt. What makes it even better is that it was shared. Jack

Back
Top Bottom