• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Found my wifes High School ring

PDH65

I hope this qualifies as mind blowing. I met the young lady across and down the street from me in 2005. We were married in 2010. She often told me about her missing high school ring but she never said it was lost. She believed that someone had stolen it and she had a suspect too.
We have been married over 3 years now and we are just now getting to the point of being able to sell her house. I told her that I was going to metal detect that yard before we sell it. So yesterday was the day. I recovered the usual for a house this age. a few wheat's and one silver Rosie along with the newer coins.
Then I got a terrible reading that was all over from the low 40's into the 60's. And to make it a less desirable target the tone was all broke up too. But it was loud and showing only 1 inch deep so I knelt down to recover it. I couldn't believe my eyes when I seen the gold watch band, which isn't real gold but the ring around it was obviously real gold. I was so excited that I stopped to take this picture. Then I pulled it out to find another smaller gold ring attached. I immediately noticed the smaller ring was a class ring. I wiped it off and the year and school matched my wife's information. I took it inside and snapped another picture and then washed it off with water and a tooth brush. Inside the ring was my wife's name engraved very tiny.
I couldn't believe it last night and I can't stop thinking about it today. She teared up a little bit when I gave it to her. There were many emotions going on she said. She remembered her moms sadness because she had lost something that her mom could not afford but she bought it anyway. She felt guilty for thinking that an individual had stolen it when they had not. And of course she was happy to have it back.
The irony here is that she removed these 2 rings and attached them to her watch so that she would not loose them.:roll:

Side note: I have been metal detecting since the late 70's as a child. In 1991 I bought a White Eagle SL and more recently a AT Pro. Up until last November I did not dig pull tabs or any other undesirable signal. After some reading last November I decided I should be digging all the pull tab signals. Since that time 8 months ago I have found 6 gold rings. In April I found a mans 20 gram class ring. I have found the owner but have yet to meet up with him.

Thanks for reading my story.
Paul

Jennys ring 002x.jpg

Jennys ring 005x.jpg

Jennys ring 010x.jpg

That story is just TOO COOL!!! Congrats to you. : ) Yep, you gotta dig those pesky pulltab signals to find the elusive gold. Jumpy, crackly signals don't always mean junk either, as you just found out. Good luck on future hunts.

Wow!!! What a story and what a great find. See? It pays to dig tabs! Check my "Tabs to Gold" thread in the featured threads....

What a great story and a fantastic find. Glad you decided to sweep through the yard before the house sells! Thanks for sharing :)

Happy hunting

-Mr. zse

I think the better half owes you big time. I'm talking a nice steak dinner and a guys night out for that find. :D

Better yet get her to buy you something you need for the hobby, like a Pro pointer or another MD.

Great find BTW! Can't beat those iffy signals, and I know you had a gut feeling about this one.

Congrats on a great find! Now go out and do it again! :laughing:

Very nice! I recently found a part of my Boy Scout uniform ( that my parents could barely afford) that I lost in 1964. Not as valuable as a class ring but dear to me as Scouting was very important to me. It has been my favorite find and I'm sure this will stay as yours! Nice job!

WOW!! Killer "mind blowing" story!!

I am so glad you dug that up, way to go!!

This is the post that made my day for sure....

Thanks a bunch for sharing!

<*)))>{

I hope she lets you detect when ever your little heart desires after pulling off that stunt for her!

Back
Top Bottom