BEST Day hunting EVER

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
Well, I met up with Ryan (Jreesman on the forun here) and we spent the morning at a little "pocket" park in East Boston. At first my AT PRO was finding nothing but bottlecaps ringing in at 79-83:mad: Then we hit another area and really found the motherlode. Ryan was telling me about how he had found some Indians at this park and I said No-way, I'm dying to find one.
Not 5 minutes later, I did my FIRST INDIAN!!!:D:laughing:
It's an 1897, soaking in olive oil and it looks like the day it was minted, I can see details on the feathers and headband!
This is also my first 1800's coin!

We had a great morning, I found two more Indians and a 17 Merc:D
Also found a total of 14 wheats, ranging from 1910 to 1944.

Thanks for sharing your city with me Ryan!

If we had parks like this around here, I would be divorced and lose my job for sure.

Attachments

• First Indian Boston 6-29-12.jpg
    First Indian Boston 6-29-12.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 1,157
  • First Indian Boston Park 6-29-12.jpg
    First Indian Boston Park 6-29-12.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,149
  • Boston Indians 6-29-12.jpg
    Boston Indians 6-29-12.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,131
Hey, Very cool finds especially your first Indian head penny!!! Boston is very old city with a lots of old parks. Many older coins are found in eastern US states more often than in Midwestern states.

Well, I met up with Ryan (Jreesman on the forun here) and we spent the morning at a little "pocket" park in East Boston. At first my AT PRO was finding nothing but bottlecaps ringing in at 79-83:mad: Then we hit another area and really found the motherlode. Ryan was telling me about how he had found some Indians at this park and I said No-way, I'm dying to find one.
Not 5 minutes later, I did my FIRST INDIAN!!!:D:laughing:
It's an 1897, soaking in olive oil and it looks like the day it was minted, I can see details on the feathers and headband!
This is also my first 1800's coin!

We had a great morning, I found two more Indians and a 17 Merc:D
Also found a total of 14 wheats, ranging from 1910 to 1944.

Thanks for sharing your city with me Ryan!

If we had parks like this around here, I would be divorced and lose my job for sure.

Congrats on the finds, Im glad you were able to find a better tour guide than myself. Im pretty sure my spots would not have gotten you these gems.

congrats

That sounds like a great Northeast dig. Don't give up on the Midwest parks yet there still plenty of indians in the parks around town. Well there were until I got them all :lol:.

Greats finds! Glad your trip was productive! The thought of detecting on the east coast is just awesome!

Hey, I know that spot...:yes: I was going to join you guys but could not get out..It would of been nice to meet you. Maybe next time. I thought Ryan cleaned out all the indians with his fancy CTX.:laughing:

Congrats on the indians and merc!! Boston is loaded with some great places to hunt..

Hey, I know that spot...:yes: I was going to join you guys but could not get out..It would of been nice to meet you. Maybe next time. I thought Ryan cleaned out all the indians with his fancy CTX.:laughing:

Congrats on the indians and merc!! Boston is loaded with some great places to hunt..

Nope! Went back yesterday and found 4 more Indians including an 1860 fatty, and a shield nickel, and a large cent.

Back
Top Bottom