3 silvers, wheatie and ring + 2.81

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
FINALLY got out for a hunt this evening and WAHOOOOO, had a GREAT TIME with the CTX3030. I stopped to get permission at a house I have been wanting to hunt for awhile. It ended up I knew the guy and he said have at it but its been hunted 100 times. I'm not sure WHO has been hunting it but they didn't do a very good job. I didn't get finished with the front yard and never even made it to the back yard. (Guess where I will be Saturday).
Anyway, I hit a 1892 Barber dime, 1941 Merc and a 1936 Merc, a 1934 Wheatie and an old ring. On the ring you can see where the gold ? plating was inside the flanges that hold the stone in. Also found $2.81 in clad. ALL these items in a 3 hour hunt so I have HIGH HOPES when I go back. NONE of the silver coins I found where over 3" deep and that surprised me. Great Hunt, Great time, cant wait for Saturday. The back yard borders a property I have hunted several times and pulled (9) silver coins out of so I believe there will be some in this back yard also.

Attachments

• 061417 hunt.jpg
    061417 hunt.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 277
  • 061417 hunt 2.jpg
    061417 hunt 2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 061417 hunt 3.jpg
    061417 hunt 3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 259
Great hunt jerr-man! Hadn't see you post up in a while. Nice return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FINALLY got out for a hunt this evening and WAHOOOOO, had a GREAT TIME with the CTX3030. I stopped to get permission at a house I have been wanting to hunt for awhile. It ended up I knew the guy and he said have at it but its been hunted 100 times. I'm not sure WHO has been hunting it but they didn't do a very good job. I didn't get finished with the front yard and never even made it to the back yard. (Guess where I will be Saturday).
Anyway, I hit a 1892 Barber dime, 1941 Merc and a 1936 Merc, a 1934 Wheatie and an old ring. On the ring you can see where the gold ? plating was inside the flanges that hold the stone in. Also found $2.81 in clad. ALL these items in a 3 hour hunt so I have HIGH HOPES when I go back. NONE of the silver coins I found where over 3" deep and that surprised me. Great Hunt, Great time, cant wait for Saturday. The back yard borders a property I have hunted several times and pulled (9) silver coins out of so I believe there will be some in this back yard also.
looks like you had a great day. Defiantly go back :cool:

Back
Top Bottom