My best 2 finds ever

vfxdaddy

I've had my discover 3300 for many years and detect here and there. The last month I've been hitting the dirt hard since I retired and wanted to get back into it. Well I got permission on virgin property that was built in1824. Last week I was in the front field and dug myself a nice piece of civil war history then I decided I wanted to get closer to the house and pulled out a large copper coin and couldn't see much detail and I got home. Well that coin was a great find as it was a liberty cap large cent from 1796. I can't wait to go back over there when I get my new Minelab E-Trac!

Attachments

• IMG_0610.jpg
    IMG_0610.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 623
  • IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 597
  • IMG_0612.jpg
    IMG_0612.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 592
  • IMG_0614.jpg
    IMG_0614.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 601
  • IMG_0615.jpg
    IMG_0615.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 598
Wow! Sounds like an amazing permission. Look forward to your updates. Congrats on the Liberty Cap!

Way to go! I think you saved that coin, would have been a copper bingo chip not too far down the line.

Nice finds! That liberty cap is a beaut, and the date stands out very well.

Congrats on the carved lead and liberty cap! I would love to find one of those!

Congrats. Yup. It's funny how those old copper big pennies are out there!!!! It can be done. Persistence pays off! My favorites are those. They come up like silver on most machines. You will find another one, I am sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom