What a suprise...

Mottz

Forum Supporter
...from the wife today. She called me up and said she just gained me some permission on a co-workers land. Asking a little bit about it she said its 19 acres and I can go wherever. He told me to stop out and he will show me the boundaries. Which I'm planning on tomorrow. But in the meantime, I pulled up the address on google and did a sky view of it and it looks pretty nice. A creek is nearby but not on his property and when I seen that it hit me. I pulled out a book from the historical society and it is close. Real close to where the Oregon Trail passed through. In fact the projected view of the trail is right in the neighboring section. Filled with excitement of what may be. My point is, get the spouse out there asking permission for ya:lol::lol:

Better news after the scouting. The creek is on his property. Plus there was a house built in the late 1800's that has been torn down but the sidewalks and some foundation are still there. Then a neighbor came over and he said when I was done there I was more than welcome to try around where an old house stood on his property. Good to know I have some good undetected places to go!

I really need to recruit my wife into getting me permissions. She's super outgoing and can talk to anyone about anything and everyone likes her. I'm much more socially awkward and introverted, which has been a struggle so far in trying to get permissions.

love it when one place leads you to a second place ... you owe your wife a nice dinner and flowers or chocolate at least

That didn't work out like I expected. Found a lot of bullet casings, copper tubing, beer cans and other junk. Did find a couple pennies but the only other thing worth mentioning is a toy gun. So I know there is more there and I may have been close but I may have to wait a little so that the weeds will die out and the temp goes back down a bit. I just couldn't get anything pinpointed while swinging in all that tall stuff.

That didn't work out like I expected.

Sorry to hear it was a goose egg.

Maybe if it come up a mean storm, or the Temps go down
so you can stay out there longer, you will have a better shot at it.

Kiss your wife Twice & take her with you for GOOD LUCK :yes:

I think the wife got permission so that I will get out of the house instead of sitting there going "huhhhhhhhhh where should I go metal detecting":lol: She did come out to get the kids because they were bored after 20 min but humidity and bugs will keep her away. I'll just wait a month or 2 and get back out there.

Back
Top Bottom