Would these sell on Craigslist or Etsy?

Usa

Elite Member
Hey,i hand make these arrows with Turkey feathers and a deer bone tip and die them with leather die.I am not selling them here ,just curious as if they would sell anywhere? Sorry no pics but i will upload them when i have better service.

Attachments

• KIMG0379.jpg
    KIMG0379.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 316
  • KIMG0378.jpg
    KIMG0378.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 302
  • KIMG0380.jpg
    KIMG0380.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Hey,i hand make these arrows with Turkey feathers and a deer bone tip and die them with leather die.I am not selling them here ,just curious as if they would sell anywhere? Sorry no pics but i will upload them when i have better service.

Yeah..traditional archery...its a big big deal....lots of folks put priority on the Bow..but its really the Arrows that are of primary importance...You cant hit dick with a million dollar bow if you gotta crooked or sub par arrow...You can however, hit dick with a nice well made arrow fired out of just about anything that will take a bend...like even a pvc pipe like the 'Backyard Bowyer' on youtube illustrates..

Arrows are critical...Good on ya for going down this path on arrow building...making an honest and trustworthy arrow teaches a guy a lot...even about raising kids...its all about honing a decent straight spine and trustworthy in field performance...

Might check out Paleo Planet see if there's any in their Classifieds, and what they're getting for them, and how well they're selling.

Like mudd puppy said traditional archery is big time popular, especially up here. You might go online and find some of the traditional shoots that might be close to your area and go see what happens.

Like mudd puppy said traditional archery is big time popular, especially up here. You might go online and find some of the traditional shoots that might be close to your area and go see what happens.

A guy who makes his own arrows will attest...every hand made arrow behaves a bit different and is therefore chosen for a specific purpose in field by the archer....they dont all 'fly' the same...It takes a lot of shots to figure it out and get to know them at a personal level...they are all individuals, therefore one of a kind and very cool and suited for a specific target, timing, and shot...you gotta build them, tweak them, and handle them right, understand...just like kids...sometimes all a guy gets is just one Lifetime shot with an arrow, so the archer has gotta hit the target and not risk a good arrow on something unworthy....like College, or a dmaned woodchuck!...

Still though, the imperfect 'Work arrow' survivors of many shots and kills are treasured and loved...Steady Eddies....always on the bow when stalking for an opportunity...I got one from 1976...the only survivor out of a set of 8! Worse one of the batch! Always the first to be fired though! Only has 2 tattered feathers on it, replaced multiple times of course, been launched thousands of flights for various reasons, bloody worn and beat up, shorter than it used to be, ugly as hell, not worth a garage sale dollar in anybodies eyes, but by gosh durable and available!

You ask my Old Man...he had a quiver of 6 arrows...5 of them are some really good looking 'show arrows'..lots of potential, straight, good looking, and yet when it comes to dirty wet work for an instinctive fast shot, I'm the one on the string!...Arrows are like that...

Last edited:

What is the strength of the shaft? Some states require the blade/arrowhead be so wide, and hold up to impact.

Flint knapped points would be better on them, stronger than bone.

Yeah..traditional archery...its a big big deal....lots of folks put priority on the Bow..but its really the Arrows that are of primary importance...You cant hit dick with a million dollar bow if you gotta crooked or sub par arrow...You can however, hit dick with a nice well made arrow fired out of just about anything that will take a bend...like even a pvc pipe like the 'Backyard Bowyer' on youtube illustrates..

Arrows are critical...Good on ya for going down this path on arrow building...making an honest and trustworthy arrow teaches a guy a lot...even about raising kids...its all about honing a decent straight spine and trustworthy in field performance...

dick better hide

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice! Those would sell. Not sure if they would sell at your fair price, but I know there's people that will want 'em. C-list is an easy test market, but other sites like Paleo Planet would be a better market. They would also be great trade/sale items at primitive skills gatherings.
Do you make them straight enough for hunting, or are they more for wall hanging? The one you show sure looks like it's put together well, but true flight is??

Nice! Those would sell. Not sure if they would sell at your fair price, but I know there's people that will want 'em. C-list is an easy test market, but other sites like Paleo Planet would be a better market. They would also be great trade/sale items at primitive skills gatherings.
Do you make them straight enough for hunting, or are they more for wall hanging? The one you show sure looks like it's put together well, but true flight is??
Yoy could rabbit or gopher hunt but there more of a wall hanger.

Back
Top Bottom