A Little Mid-week Magic

Compass

Forum Supporter
Decided to do a short hunt after work at a nearby lake today. I haven't found much gold there in the past but it's close and a good place to practice. The last few times there I used the Equinox 800 but today I hunted with the Excal.
Wasn't finding many coins but after about an hour I got a nice smooth mid-tone in the shallow water. One scoop and a quick shake and there was a nice 14K yellow gold band in the basket!
I wasn't expecting to see gold today but you never know. For the past week I've been watching the swell forecast for this weekend and things look somewhat promising. I think there might be a good chance to find some gold on Friday or Saturday at the beach. This could turn out to be a real good week!
picture.php
picture.php

3.3 grams- not too shabby for a 1 hour hunt! GL&HH!

Last edited:
:woot: Congrats on the ring! Hope there's more gold for you this weekend.

:woot: Congrats on the ring! Hope there's more gold for you this weekend.
Thank you Princess, I hope I didn't use up all my luck yesterday! :yes:

On the gold , happy hunting bro.
Thanks Earl, Always happier when gold makes an appearance. :yes:

Great find! I am still working on the first gold ring!
Thanks Nick, I'm shocked that you found a gold chain (and a massive one at that!) before your first gold ring- that's rare! :yes:

Nice one Compass! Gluck this weekend too!
Thanks GS, I'll take all the luck I can get! ;)

Gold is always great! Congrats
Thanks pick, No disagreement here! :D

Always good to see my friend George find some gold. Congrats Bud !!
Thanks Jeff! I hope to see you again soon! :yes:

Nice grab, it all adds up!
Thanks Z, Yes it does but bigger gold adds up faster! :yes:

congrats on the gold
Thank you Schmitz!

OOOooohhh, nice ketchup package and bottle cap in that first picture. I'm jealous. I've never found a bottle cap before !! :D

OOOooohhh, nice ketchup package and bottle cap in that first picture. I'm jealous. I've never found a bottle cap before !! :D
Yeah, it's a pretty trashy beach and using the Nox I can find even smaller pieces of trash! :D

Way to go!
submarine_o_229684.jpg

submarine-racing.jpg
That's deep David. :roll:

Way to go Compass. Just like Nick93203 I am still going for my first gold ring :(
Thanks Hamill, It will be worth the wait. :yes:

Nice find.
Thanks AlpoRanch!

:D

Back
Top Bottom