Ace 250 question

azjohn1

I went out this morning to an old airport. My Ace 250 kept pinging at the dime ID. Kept coming up with chunks of Aluminum strips. Is this going to be the nature of the beast? Airport dates back to WWII. It was an Army Airbase training site. There use to be 141 buildings at the airport. Hoping someone can help me figure out aluminum from coins.:?:

With my 250,I learned to turn 90 degrees and sweep the target again. If it bounced when that happened, I wouldn't dig it. Sweep it from different angles and see what it does

Yep, big targets hit right on the dime. Lift coil to determine if you have a large object. In places like this, I also set the sensitivity where 3 bars are showing.

another trick is to hold the pinpoint button and swing over it in both directions...short "blip" and I am digging, longer "beep" and I pass, a coin is going to give off less signal than a chunk of aluminum.

another trick is to hold the pinpoint button and swing over it in both directions...short "blip" and I am digging, longer "beep" and I pass, a coin is going to give off less signal than a chunk of aluminum.
Good point. This is why it's better to spend a few more bucks for the 250 instead of the 150. The pinpoint can be used to profile the target.

Back
Top Bottom