How long?

That is a really beaten up ring, but a nice find for sure! What is that black silver thing to the left of the ring? Looks like a slug to me. :lol:

That is an Italian horn charm :)

I'm sorry, I also think it looks plated. I've seen a lot gold come out of the water... Most of the water. It looks the same as it went in...

It is gold :) Yes it looks plated but it's been confirmed it's 14K.

Craig,,,It's BRASS man! Remember? :laughing::laughing::laughing: Hate to say it does not look good on the gold. I learned the hard way. If I read right, it held 14K acid for 30 seconds. ? Might have misunderstood but 14K acid will not eat it at all. Real 14k can stay under acid for hours.

The BRASS comment to Craig above is an old thread where I swore a ring was gold and Craig was teasing me saying brass. Took it to a jeweler and he tested it. Sadly it was brass. :D Brass looks good and can fool. Hope your ring is gold. :roll:

14K acid never ate it. 18K didn't eat it until about 30 seconds passed. It's been confirmed it's 14K :)

Looks like Someone was chewing on that ring. Depending on conditions I’d say it was in the water at least a year but realistically more like 5+ Years to get that beat up. Nice save!

Agreed :)

For the doubters, try the specific gravity thing. Brass comes in around 8.5, 10K @ 11, and 14K over 12. Might have something to do with what it's alloyed with, but I got to go along with the surf eroding it, especially in the rocks.

Specific gravity test came out 12.9

appears to have been plated........ is it possible it was plated with nickel or Rhodium?

I'm not sure if it was ever plated with something but the ring has been confirmed that it is 14K.

X2! Simple but effective on a band like that.

12.9 :)

After seeing some of that rough sand that the guys in your area try to skimboard on I could imagine what 60 years of tumbling in those thrashers could do to a ring.

Remember Tilton? The king of Crusty gold :) http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=176401:shock:

So true :)

Back
Top Bottom