Need some ring recovery advice

Hey Joves, can you help me out? At one end and on the other end of what? The coil? Or the CO numbers? Or something else? I have a ring to recover too (ladies' engagement ring), so I'll take all the tips I can get! Thx

i'd use the ace over the etrac if i was lookin for a ring, you'll be able ta swing a bit faster and cover more area. if its a recent drop then it also shouldn't be very deep so ya shouldn't have ta look any deeper and an inch or so. stick the ace in jewelry mode and basically dig everything less than a couple inches

Thanks for the idea! It was lost at a swimming pool 2 yrs ago. She's not sure if it was lost on land or in the water. At least there's a limited area to search in. If it went in the drink, it never stood a chance.

i'd use the ace over the etrac if i was lookin for a ring, you'll be able ta swing a bit faster and cover more area. if its a recent drop then it also shouldn't be very deep so ya shouldn't have ta look any deeper and an inch or so. stick the ace in jewelry mode and basically dig everything less than a couple inches

I almost totally agree. I would, however, use the Relics mode. AWESOME. And just at iron-nail reject.

I almost totally agree. I would, however, use the Relics mode. AWESOME. And just at iron-nail reject.

I'll finally be able to get in the pool area Saturday (unless someone's there working tomorrow during the day). If I find it, I'll be sure to post about it elsewhere. Sorry for hijacking this thread.

Hey Joves, can you help me out? At one end and on the other end of what? The coil? Or the CO numbers? Or something else? I have a ring to recover too (ladies' engagement ring), so I'll take all the tips I can get! Thx
Sorry I didnt get back. It is in the tones in the foil area the low tone is very smooth as where foil and tabs have a slightly scratchy sound, I pretty much didnt look at numbers because the sound is where the ID is made. When the tone in some gold is near the penny and silver range for numbers the tone is a smooth high low tone. I pretty much talk in terms of tone over numbers, and I overlap my swings by 1/3 of a coil, for a DD coil that covers an area quite well. When running the Tone Variability at 30 the tones are very subtle and distinctive. I hate TTF myself it makes you use the screen far too much and I hardly look at mine till I get good hits. Also using the Long tone Response makes a difference in target ID and falsing. If you are in an iron infested are guess what? You have to slow down a lot for the processor to see through, you can tell the right speed by your Sensitivity numbers, because and iron infested are will drop the numbers untill you slow down enough. Also you may have to run at -3 or the suggested instead of +3. You always let the conditions determine how you search an area.

Sorry I didnt get back. It is in the tones in the foil area the low tone is very smooth as where foil and tabs have a slightly scratchy sound, I pretty much didnt look at numbers because the sound is where the ID is made. When the tone in some gold is near the penny and silver range for numbers the tone is a smooth high low tone. I pretty much talk in terms of tone over numbers, and I overlap my swings by 1/3 of a coil, for a DD coil that covers an area quite well. When running the Tone Variability at 30 the tones are very subtle and distinctive. I hate TTF myself it makes you use the screen far too much and I hardly look at mine till I get good hits. Also using the Long tone Response makes a difference in target ID and falsing. If you are in an iron infested are guess what? You have to slow down a lot for the processor to see through, you can tell the right speed by your Sensitivity numbers, because and iron infested are will drop the numbers untill you slow down enough. Also you may have to run at -3 or the suggested instead of +3. You always let the conditions determine how you search an area.

Thanks for that! I still have a lot of learning to do on the etrac. That helps a lot.

Back
Top Bottom