Salt water detector

NHhunter

I'm looking to upgrade and I'll need a machine that's good in salt water areasas I'll mostly be on New England beaches. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to break the bank open to purchase a 3030. It looks like an Excal II would be the next price range down. If I had to go down from The Excal is anything even worth it?

Thanks!

I'm looking to upgrade and I'll need a machine that's good in salt water areasas I'll mostly be on New England beaches. Unfortunately I'm not in a position to break the bank open to purchase a 3030. It looks like an Excal II would be the next price range down. If I had to go down from The Excal is anything even worth it?

Thanks!
If I was only doing beaches the excal is the only machine I would use. More peace of mind

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not that it's a case of "going down" - the Fisher CZ-21 is a highly respected alternative. It is substantiall equal in performance and generally conceded to be far more rugged - if heavier. Can be hip or chest mounted.

Thanks!

Excal has an all metal mode (P/P) that in functionality is similar to a depth-boost. When comparing the CZ to the Excal and both having the same size coil, the Excal in P/P will always gain a substantial amount of depth over the CZ.

Also, are you rough on equipment or letting kids use the machine? If so, Excal needs a knob guard and IMO is more fragile than a CZ. CZ is built more rugged.

Really not too many other options. The Whites beachunter is under a grand and will work but it has manual GB whereas the CZ and Excal have auto. If you have sugar sand beaches, this isn't a big deal. Beaches with a lot of mineralization will likely mean you'll have to stop and GB every time the ground changes. Also, the Whites has floating coil so you have to apply a lil' bit of pressure to keep it submerged.

For a comprehensive list of salt water capable machines, visit this thread... http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=248905

CTX 3030 store credit $500.00

Thanks!

http://www.metaldetectors.com/beach-water-metal-detectors/minelab/ctx3030-standard-metal-detector

Please call to place this order
Happy Treasure Hunting
dennis

Back
Top Bottom