1914 site produces...nothing

ynnek4

Hello,

I was recently at a 1914 home (3rd owner and has lived there since 2006) and detected the entire front and back yard (took about 7 hours). I found nothing older than 1964.:mad: Everything was 5-7 inches down (deeper than I would have suspected). I also noticed sporadic St. Augustine grass here and there which seems to be a telltale sign someone laid sod at some point. Is it a safe assumption that this site's older coins are probably much deeper than my detector can go and/or at some point some fill dirt/sod was brought in. I was also using the 17" coil.

Of course, the 1914- people could have also not dropped anything.:grin:

Thanks.

That is most likely it.

I found a lot of clad which I assume someone would have taken if it had been hit before. I have actually found an Indian within blocks of this residence about 2-3 inches in the ground.:?:

I’ve hunted hundreds of homes. Some produce and some don’t. In my experience about 10% of homes have produced more than 50% of my finds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve hunted hundreds of homes. Some produce and some don’t. In my experience about 10% of homes have produced more than 50% of my finds.

Listen to jwp here. While there's a good chance you got "a filler" as I call em, some people just don't lose much and it seems to be genetic. Seen this from poor homes and rich both. Sometimes they just didn't drop it for us to find. Damn careful people anyway!

Listen to jwp here. While there's a good chance you got "a filler" as I call em, some people just don't lose much and it seems to be genetic. Seen this from poor homes and rich both. Sometimes they just didn't drop it for us to find. Damn careful people anyway!

Yep 100% agree.... Also I think it depends on if kids were present....

Back
Top Bottom