Soggy day, great for detecting!

remmy

Forum Supporter
It seems I have found a forgotten home site in a small area of a huge local field. I lost count but so far I am sure the button count is over 30 and the big copper over 15 from this site. I know who lived there in 1800 and the date range of coins and button styles leave me to believe it was lived on from at least the early 1700s. Yesterday was a misty gloomy wet kind of day but to me that just means wrap the deus remote in plastic. I had covered this field running the same direction as the wheat and figured I would redo at 90 degrees. I sighted a landmark at the top and set on my way. I kid you not, 2 steps foreward I had a high shallow squeak that turned out to be a KG2. I immediately thought of Tom and laughed out loud. :lol: When I got to the top and turned around I noticed my coil trail was plainly visible from wiping the moisture off of the wheat. This made it very easy to track my covered area. If you look closely you can see it in the pic of the deus, yes you see a spot I missed but I saw it too and it is covered. :lol:

I found 2 more coins, a KG3 and a largie. The largie made me think of JWP and how cool it would be if he was here to dig it. ( it is pretty toasted Jerry, hope you find a better one) I added a few more buttons to the pile as well as some old lead and other relics. I was soaking wet and muddy when done but a happy swinger none the less!

Thanks for looking and HH

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I like to hunt spot where you can see your tracks.. it makes it so easy to cover the area more thoroughly. Congrats on the buttons and the coppers. Best of luck for more finds in that old field..

The weather was exactly like that Sunday over here! Perfectly beautiful day to hunt! Seeing the water swoosh off the coil! Easy digging, foggy and overcast, tight signals, cool temps but not uncomfortable... Nice work Remmy!

The weather was exactly like that Sunday over here! Perfectly beautiful day to hunt! Seeing the water swoosh off the coil! Easy digging, foggy and overcast, tight signals, cool temps but not uncomfortable... Nice work Remmy!
Getting a gully washer right now. Sitting here at therapy thinking about going tomorrow if able. I want to take the Garrett 7x out and see what I can find with it

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I like to hunt spot where you can see your tracks.. it makes it so easy to cover the area more thoroughly. Congrats on the buttons and the coppers. Best of luck for more finds in that old field..

Thank you!

Thanks Mud!

My favorite kind of hunt ! You did great !

Mine too, thanks!

WOW You're really on to those oldies. Congrats. Mark

Thanks Mark!

Man, you've been digging up those big, old coins as frequently as some of us find clad! It's always rewarding when your research pays off like that. Congrats on more outstanding finds!

Congrats on a great hunt !

Thank you!

Wow nice finds and an awesome field to hunt in, keep up the good work Ron!!

Thanks Steve!

Man, you've been digging up those big, old coins as frequently as some of us find clad! It's always rewarding when your research pays off like that. Congrats on more outstanding finds!

Thanks! Yeah, getting to used to pulling old coppers. Last night I dug a reddish quarter size coin and was thinking half cent, just a clad Jefferson. My first clad from this site. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom