Great use of a penny...maybe???

SkiWhiz

Elite Member
A fella at work lost his wallet the other day, the day he lost it he was in his yard, at Walmart, and stopped side the road to let his girlfriend drive. After he noticed it missing he searched for it with no luck. He had his license, social security card,etc. and almost $300.00 in it. I asked if he had any change in it as I was going to let him borrow my metal detector, he said no he didn't. This got me thinking and why I am posting this thread, I bet many of us me included has no metal, coins, etc. that would set off a detector. I thought even a penny in our wallet might aid in finding it if lost in long grass, a beach, leaves, etc. Just a thought.

Just last week I lost my wallet walking my dog in the woods in the snow... I backtracked my steps twice and couldn't find it. I went home grabbed my Teknetics T2 and re-walked the route. Since whenever I find wheat pennies I put them in my wallet to bring home and put in a cigar box. The day before I lost my wallet I got a 1944 Wheat cent in change still in my wallet. I backtracked the path I took walking the dog with up to zinc penny discriminated out on the T2 and got a shallow 81 signal under snow. A Wheat cent signal for those that use Teknetics detectors. Sure enough there was my wallet with my ID credit cards and $77 in cash and that 1944 wheat cent. True Story! Lucky me!

I gave up wallets after one was stolen , since then I carry a credit card some cash and drivers license in my front pocket. Works for me ! A penny would only be useful in certain ground conditions but could work .
HH

I lost my wallet once and that was the last time. I now leave it in my glove box. I don't carry in money in it so why not if I get pulled over I just reach in and grab it. The one I lost I did get it back with everything in it. There are some honest people out there.

I usually keep some kind of coin in my wallet, one week it moght be a morgan, another it could be a nickel I carved. Always some kind of coin in there though

What if?

I gave up wallets after one was stolen , since then I carry a credit card some cash and drivers license in my front pocket. Works for me ! A penny would only be useful in certain ground conditions but could work .
HH
What if someone stole your pants? :laughing: I just use a biker wallet with a chain in my front right pocket and carry large bills (if I have some) in my front left pocket or left rear in a bank envelope. Just hand my wallet with smalls and hopefully they don't ask to show what is in the other pockets:cool:.

I always have change in my wallet, and my wallet has some metal buttons. What, no one carries change anymore?:-)

Back
Top Bottom