Photoshop Help Please.

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
Hey Guys,

I think I just screwed up BIG TIME. I have spent most of the day doing a mock up for a Web site for a local musician. The landing page was all done in Photoshop CS2. Well, I was rather happy with how the page was looking, so I saved it to show my wife. I saved it as a .jpg, but it looks like I DID NOT save it as a .psd. Is there ANY way to get this back or did I pretty much screw myself?

What kills me is I broke one of my own rules. That is to create a new document and save it immediately and then save as I go (each major change). I was in a hurry and got sloppy.

Any help is appreciated.
Doug

Hate to break it to you, but I'm pretty sure your screwed. BUT then again I don't have CS2.

I am sure I am. I don't know any way to get a multi layer .psd back that was saved as a flattened, single layer .jpg. I was hoping that someone had a miracle that they could pull out of the air for me. No real hope though.

Doug

When I did wed pages it was with microsoft frontpage. recreate your design and save it as a .psd this time. Good Luck!

When I did wed pages it was with microsoft frontpage. recreate your design and save it as a .psd this time. Good Luck!

It depends on the site. I use everything from Notepad++ to Microsoft Expression to Blue Griffin and other programs (including VideoStudio). I really like to lay out a Web site in Photoshop and get the final feel. I then do the "PSD to HTML" with the PSD as the road map for me, so to speak. Usually, it works good, until I do something stupid like this...

Doug

Have you all ready closed Photoshop the program or is the program still open.

Unfortunately it got closed. I shut PS down after saving the image to show my wife. I got a quick bite to eat and opened up PS to do some more work and realized that I did not have the .psd file in the folder.

Doug

Don't sound good once you close Photoshop there is no way to go back thru history and retrieve. If you have the JPEG as a sample it should not take to long to do another. Good luck we all have made the same mistake one time or other.

Don't sound good once you close Photoshop there is no way to go back thru history and retrieve. If you have the JPEG as a sample it should not take to long to do another. Good luck we all have made the same mistake one time or other.

Yeah. I am working on it now. It is just taking the time to get the layer styles and the like just right. Thanks for the help.

Doug

Did you search your entire computer for any files with a .psd extension to make sure you didn't save it somewhere else?

Back
Top Bottom