Theres Clad Hope!

Mud-puppy

Forum Supporter
The past few years we Claddies have been experiencing a precipitous decline in the Fresh drops...The Humans are going cashless and using a debit card...The Mgr at the StopNRob says its easily 80% cashless transactions...totters are swept clean..very hard to find a fresh dropped Q about anywhere!..

Well, I got up earlier than usual today for some reason, with $4 dollars in my wallet and half a tank of gas...a pack of smokes in my pocket and an apple riding shotgun...Away I went committed to find enough pay to gas up Rosie and buy smokes and maybe even beer!

Rainy Windy and Cold! Dark and hard to drive! I eased on South 30 miles like an Old Man..going 45mph..afraid I would hit a deer...the wet road and rain just ate up the headlights...like zero vis..not prudent to be out at all!!

First Stadium was open but a total dud, second one was locked up tight, free wheeling around the fences and common areas, I bet I wasted 2hrs for a little over $2 of scattered Q's...few and very far between.....Discouraging! Forum Member Sturrat pinged me at dawn..said, "The Big Lake is flat as a pancake! You going out?" I responded, "I'm already out! Hunting for Clad!" What a disgrace...maybe I should pull the plug and go hunt the Big water for gold with Brother Rat?

Then I thought about this one place, where I racked up massive stink last Season, and decided to drive over to take a look to see if the gates were open...And to my sheer amazement, One Was! Trash everywhere! Evidence of a massive Sporting event this weekend! I Got in there and Good Betty Crocker! Wind blown bills! Fresh dropped Q's! At least 300 cans!

I left the cans alone and concentrated on the Q's...Just stooping and stabbing like a stone cold Madman! Clad Hammer Time!! Came out of there at noon with 146Q's, a JFK Half, a total coin count of 165 for $38.13 and the $8 in bills made for a total payday of $46.13!

Half the Q's were freshies! Right on the deck or in the grass roots! (I did a 'Puddle Dump' to knock off the grass and clay so the clean up at home would not make such a mess in the sink)....So yeah...at some venues, they still accept circular metal monetary discs at the Concessions!

I shoulda went and got all those cans....But Hey, no need to be greedy when theres fresh coins and paper money laying around all over the place! Plus, stuffing 300 cans in Rosie is a major undertaking...Not that I wont do it, just not today! :laughing:

Running the NOX in park2, 50 tones...about 15sens...not ground balancing or noise cancelling either...Home safe, all gassed up and a fresh pack of unfiltered ready rolls, 4 25oz Barley Pops to get me through the day...and $20 to the positive! Near the end of my hunt, I thought to myself, "Hey, I better find a nickel for the Forum" So I quickly did!:laughing: Man..I just LOVE this Sport!:laughing:

Although, if a guy cant find an open gate, this woulda been a pretty palsied morning! Maybe enough for a beer or two..or I coulda gone water hunting with 'Rat...He wont buy me my smokes or gas, but he generally carries a few spare beers that he is willing to share...so thats good for a plan B...:laughing:

Attachments

• nov 4-18-1.jpg
    nov 4-18-1.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 206
  • nov 4-18-2.jpg
    nov 4-18-2.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 188
  • nov 4-18-3.jpg
    nov 4-18-3.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 185
  • nov 4-18.jpg
    nov 4-18.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Mr. Puppers! Heck of a job job cleaning up on the clad and the green rectangular paper! Money for smokes, gas, and a few brewskis all in one morning, impressive! I've never totaled that much claddy for a day, perhaps $20 max at an old campground, or when the local fairgrounds amusement / carnival rides area had not been detected for a few years.

Folding money and a huge clad day John, congrats. Think your in heaven after a day that wonderful. Still leaving behind all the rainy day aluminum that would have covered another days life style expenditures was shameful.:lol: Trapper

It was posts similar to this one that peaked my interest in metal detecting as I started the initial Google search. Just love it. Thanks Mud. You're an inspiration. A single, unassuming, unlocked, gate can make all the difference. Bravo!

That's exactly how I run my nox when cladding. What a haul there mud, you did well! I bet you came home a little tired, but exhilarated:grin:

WOW Mud!! I see you got inspired and went hunting for them Q's!! You sure cleaned up! $38 plus some paper dollars!?! What a great day of hunting! Amazing how that 800 really finds those quarters huh? Hats off to you and your MEGA Cladding! Keep it up before the snow fly's!

Congrats!!

Noxdude

The past few years we Claddies have been experiencing a precipitous decline in the Fresh drops...The Humans are going cashless and using a debit card...The Mgr at the StopNRob says its easily 80% cashless transactions...totters are swept clean..very hard to find a fresh dropped Q about anywhere!..

Well, I got up earlier than usual today for some reason, with $4 dollars in my wallet and half a tank of gas...a pack of smokes in my pocket and an apple riding shotgun...Away I went committed to find enough pay to gas up Rosie and buy smokes and maybe even beer!

Rainy Windy and Cold! Dark and hard to drive! I eased on South 30 miles like an Old Man..going 45mph..afraid I would hit a deer...the wet road and rain just ate up the headlights...like zero vis..not prudent to be out at all!!

First Stadium was open but a total dud, second one was locked up tight, free wheeling around the fences and common areas, I bet I wasted 2hrs for a little over $2 of scattered Q's...few and very far between.....Discouraging! Forum Member Sturrat pinged me at dawn..said, "The Big Lake is flat as a pancake! You going out?" I responded, "I'm already out! Hunting for Clad!" What a disgrace...maybe I should pull the plug and go hunt the Big water for gold with Brother Rat?

Then I thought about this one place, where I racked up massive stink last Season, and decided to drive over to take a look to see if the gates were open...And to my sheer amazement, One Was! Trash everywhere! Evidence of a massive Sporting event this weekend! I Got in there and Good Betty Crocker! Wind blown bills! Fresh dropped Q's! At least 300 cans!

I left the cans alone and concentrated on the Q's...Just stooping and stabbing like a stone cold Madman! Clad Hammer Time!! Came out of there at noon with 146Q's, a JFK Half, a total coin count of 165 for $38.13 and the $8 in bills made for a total payday of $46.13!

Half the Q's were freshies! Right on the deck or in the grass roots! (I did a 'Puddle Dump' to knock off the grass and clay so the clean up at home would not make such a mess in the sink)....So yeah...at some venues, they still accept circular metal monetary discs at the Concessions!

I shoulda went and got all those cans....But Hey, no need to be greedy when theres fresh coins and paper money laying around all over the place! Plus, stuffing 300 cans in Rosie is a major undertaking...Not that I wont do it, just not today! :laughing:

Running the NOX in park2, 50 tones...about 15sens...not ground balancing or noise cancelling either...Home safe, all gassed up and a fresh pack of unfiltered ready rolls, 4 25oz Barley Pops to get me through the day...and $20 to the positive! Near the end of my hunt, I thought to myself, "Hey, I better find a nickel for the Forum" So I quickly did!:laughing: Man..I just LOVE this Sport!:laughing:

Although, if a guy cant find an open gate, this woulda been a pretty palsied morning! Maybe enough for a beer or two..or I coulda gone water hunting with 'Rat...He wont buy me my smokes or gas, but he generally carries a few spare beers that he is willing to share...so thats good for a plan B...:laughing:

Is that a silver something on top of the cash? Are you gonna quit the coffin nails,you know thecancer sticks?

Mud,
Congrats on a good clad hunt. I'd say you had a super good day especially under tough weather conditions. Your total is awesome but you should have taken the cans too. They might be gone by the time you go back to that site ?
It seems the early bird gets the bird seed !!! I hit a new football stadium yesterday myself and cherry picked $ 9.66 in clads, far from your total.
GL & HH

Great hunting there mud! Been awhile since I've found paper money on the ground, good to see people are still dropping it! :laughing: congrats!

Thanks Friends! Thinking back, for some reason since I was a little kid, I have a strong attraction to outdoor pursuits that have an Immediate Pay! Daily Subsistence with possibilities of Riches! The easier the better! :laughing:

Trapping was my first love, where a guy could go and basically pick up money, but it was seasonal, licenses, limits, rules and regs, heavy, hard, dangerous, and not immediate daily pay off unless you sold to a local fur buyer in the round and took what you were offered...If you processed the fur yourself, you had an immense amount of additional effort, and then had to ship and wait for the Big Check....

Then There was Wild Rice Harvesting in MN up by Bemidji where the buyer was right at the boatramp and paid cash! But again, rules, licenses, seasonal, you needed a canoe, had to be good with a pole, had to have an indigenous along as a partner...heavy, cold, on the water in the Fall and pushing a canoe through a rice patch with an Ash pole?

Now with this Detecting thing....Springboarding off the observational skills and gumption learned from Trapping.....Leaving the house with little or nothing, going out pulling cans, clad, paper, various other finds with monetary values NO licenses, NO limits, in ALL seasons? Whats not to love about this! I wish I'da started in this Sport 40years ago! You find a place just loaded, and settle in for the harvest, and its immediate CASH money!!

I am also attracted to jobs that pay for performance and not so much how much time you were there...Like handiman work, shoveling snow, raking leaves, painting houses, fixing cars, getting bats out of belfrys, digging graves, bounty hunting, roofing houses, gigoloing, etc....:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom