• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

A Five Alarm Dinger

Numil

Elite Member
Two weeks ago I had shoulder surgery. Doc said if I can figure out a way to MD without using my left arm then let her rip. So yesterday, the day after Thanksgiving, I headed to a small beach I rarely go to but its a quiet spot. Seems lately no one else has hit this spot either.

In 3 hrs I scored about $6.50 in clad, 5 rings (3 silver, 2 junkers) and a 10K gold chain. Woo Hoo. I had never found a chain before and it was on the bucket list! Says it from Turkey and needless to say if I had been wearing lipstick I'd have gotten it on both ears. Along with the rings and chain there were the usual plethora of bracelet charms and other dropped do-dads.

Because of the shoulder I stuck to the wet/dry sand. I also noticed an area they had recently removed a lot of brush from the back area of the beach. Working that area produced three of the rings. I'll hit it again this weekend but i gave it a good working over already so no promises. One of the rings I found in the wet sand I thought was gold but was marked S925 so I'm guessing it's gold plated silver never seen that before. Another ring was unmarked but looked like and tested for 925 sterling. Every thing else was as marked.

Thanks for looking - Happy Hunting and Good luck out there.

Attachments

• All stuff.jpg
    All stuff.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 1,091
  • Chain 10K.jpg
    Chain 10K.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,067
  • Chain Wt.jpg
    Chain Wt.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 1,064
  • Gold Silver.jpg
    Gold Silver.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 1,065
  • Cleaned Rings.jpg
    Cleaned Rings.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,045
Good to hear you figured out how to hunt 1 handed. It would suck to miss what’s left of the season.

Killer finds, what did the chain ring up as and what machine?

Bounty hunter - treasure hunter - cabelas
Best find to date - 15g platinum ring and 1876 love token

:dingding:Chains, whether gold or silver, are such a rare find! BIG congrats!!!

Good score on the chain. I think you may find that is plated though, waaay too shiny.

Looks like the clasp say 925 1/10 10k so it’s rolled gold over silver... still a killer find and 1/10 of total weight is gold

Thats a nice hunt.

Thanks Metal!

Wow man, great result! Take it easy with the shoulder...

Yea gonna take it easy for the next few days and no MD'ing. Thanks Zee

that was quite a hunt! congrats!

It sure was... made my day Thanks cntry!

Good to hear you figured out how to hunt 1 handed. It would suck to miss what’s left of the season.

Killer finds, what did the chain ring up as and what machine?

I was using the NOX 800 and the chain rang up as a solid "2".

:dingding:Chains, whether gold or silver, are such a rare find! BIG congrats!!!

Thanks Felix! Its rare and now my wife says I gotta dig all the "2" VDI. Man I'll be digging foil forever.

Good score on the chain. I think you may find that is plated though, waaay too shiny.

Chain tested out as 10K but that yellow ring is def. plated silver. Thanks Pete

Nice digs.....the water didn't hold anything! I noticed the jack job on the bushes too and wished I had brought the atpro.

Yes, S925 is gold plated silver. If the gold plating is thick enough, it would be considered vermeil (and not Dick Vermeil).

Melt value for 6.9 grams of 10k is worth...

wait for it...

$113... AND SEVEN CENTS!

Good hunt!

R5

Nice digs.....the water didn't hold anything! I noticed the jack job on the bushes too and wished I had brought the atpro.

Thanks Voodoo! Yea I was lucky I was toting the NOX 800 which I've recently put a carbon fiber shaft on. Light weight for that very reason as it made it easy on my healing shoulder. Some days you just get lucky, on that day I was lucky. As the saying goes I'd rather be lucky than good. HH & GG

Yes, S925 is gold plated silver. If the gold plating is thick enough, it would be considered vermeil (and not Dick Vermeil).

Melt value for 6.9 grams of 10k is worth...

wait for it...

$113... AND SEVEN CENTS!

Good hunt!

R5

Thanks Raider! I just learned something new today. Thanks for the head's up on the gold plated silver!

1/10 means that’s the weight of gold vs the total weight, great find but the 6.9g is not the gold weight

Back
Top Bottom