White's Coinmaster Battery Holder Wires

roadrunner_426

Elite Member
I've got a Coinmaster on which the 2 wires going to the clip on top of the battery holder snapped off right at the point where they enter the clip...is there a simple repair for this or will I need to buy a soldering gun, etc.? Roadrunner

You can buy the connector with several inches of wire attached from Maplins (U.K.) or Radio Shack (U.S.) and then solder on or see if they sell connectors used for fitting items in car that consist of a plastic clip with a small piece of metal inside with two slots. As you close the clip it cuts through the insulation on the wires and joins them.
You need two. One for each wire. Hope someone can tell you what they are called because I can't remember for the life of me.

All you need is a 15w soldering pencil. It's the quckest and easiest fix. You don't want a patch job to come apart and ruin a day of detecting. Rob

A patch job keeps you from doing any damage to the circuit board and with the clips can be redone in the field in a minute if necessary. If someone hasn't got a soldering iron it suggests they don't use one often.
Best of all would be to get the local radio ham/electronics expert to use his equipment/skill and buy him a beer.

Back
Top Bottom