Something fishy is going on but I like it....

BensJamming

So after making several calls and getting several PMs I pulled the trigger on an AT PRO with a PP and coil cover from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Not quite sure about this guy though. How can he sell them that cheap, know as much as he does about everything to do with MD'ing, the units, and how he CLAIMS to be sending it UPS GROUND only for it to be at my door in 22 flat from several states away. Something just is not right. You never get that type of service these days anymore.

All I can say is there isn't a single thing I could have complained about thoughout this entire transaction even if I wanted to. All the hype about this guy, his company, and service are absolutely 100% true.

Now just need for like 4 feet of snow to melt in a hurry so I can get out :detector:

Thanks again Bart for everything. Its truly appreciated.

Four feet of snow? Thought you guys were getting another storm. Should be 6 feet I would think, real soon. Almost 80 degrees here this weekend.... I'm going to a great place to hunt. But hey...... I'll think of you!

Thanks Jim. :roll:

Sounds dumb but I was gonna toss some different metals on my floor and then blind folded see if I can start to recognize the good from bad after playing around for a bit. Maybe there is an easy way to practice indoors? or am I just gonna be that "slow" kid swinging a detector indoors? lol :laughing:

As dumb as it sound when I was learning to weld with a mirror an old guy told me to tape a picture from a coloring book to my chest on a clipboard and them practice coloring it in the bathroom mirror. As stupid as I looked, it sure did help with my motor skills....

So any tips on ways to practice or learning the sounds and features of the machine indoors with frozen ground would be appreciated.

Welcome to metal detector ownership.
Hey maybe the Packers will let you md in the Hutson Center, LOL.
Until we thaw out I might suggest watching all the videos you can find on your machine on youtube, might be better off doing that. Unless you have some vacation time and want to go down south to detect for awhile.

Is that an invite there Gilly? You been itching to go south too? Lol

Finally got it all unboxed and assembled last night. Played around for a bit. My Pro Pointer wouldnt work with the screwed on tight but backed off slightly worked fine. Tried the penny trick and works fine now. Can not wait for ot too warm up. I pulled the batteries out of them. Both right away so I wouldnt forget and have been just watching youtube dreweling. Lol

By "down south" I don't mean Evansville, WI, LOL. Too bad you are so far north we could meet up and detect sometime.

So after making several calls and getting several PMs I pulled the trigger on an AT PRO with a PP and coil cover from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies. Not quite sure about this guy though. How can he sell them that cheap, know as much as he does about everything to do with MD'ing, the units, and how he CLAIMS to be sending it UPS GROUND only for it to be at my door in 22 flat from several states away. Something just is not right. You never get that type of service these days anymore.

All I can say is there isn't a single thing I could have complained about thoughout this entire transaction even if I wanted to. All the hype about this guy, his company, and service are absolutely 100% true.

Now just need for like 4 feet of snow to melt in a hurry so I can get out :detector:

Thanks again Bart for everything. Its truly appreciated.
Very welcome Sir!

Back
Top Bottom