Sterling X 2

Jim Bob

Elite Member
Yes I did, back to the old swimming hole. How did I manage to break both of these rings while digging:?: They are both marked Sterling, does that date them as old? I don't know when the .925 took over or are they still marking things sterling? I have lots of questions. Another brown clump yeilded a steel ball or something, a shot maybe? And the cross, looks German to me. There just seems to be no end to the old stuff out there. The Rosies came out just as clean as new and the 63 is almost white. Thanks for looking, Jim

Attachments

• #1 total.jpg
    #1 total.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 239
  • #2 sterling.jpg
    #2 sterling.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 246
  • #3 sterling.jpg
    #3 sterling.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 244
  • #4.jpg
    #4.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 243
  • #5 clump #1.jpg
    #5 clump #1.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 241
  • #6 clump#2.jpg
    #6 clump#2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 245
Good job on all that silver. I have seen many modern rings with the marking of STERLING, because basically, sterling and .925 can be used interchangeably. Too bad the rings are broken!! :( HH
NC

Nice job on the silver Jim... does the brown surpise look like a ball bearing or a petrified milk dud ;)

Nice finds... the 'blob surprise' looks like a bearing (as Craig mentioned).. were the 'jewels' in your photo's also found? or just for the picture? RickO

Jewels?

Nice finds... the 'blob surprise' looks like a bearing (as Craig mentioned).. were the 'jewels' in your photo's also found? or just for the picture? RickO
What jewels do you mean:?: The rings and cross and coins were all from the same hunt.

Congrats.
As been said "sterling" doesn't necessarily date them as old but in my opinion they are. I think they have a 40`or 50` look to them.
Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom